download: 500k/sec. Upload: 4k/sec

shapiro

.....ouch. I can honestly say that iv never seen one this bad before. Van, if you could make a custom  cablenut setting, with these settings enabled that is needed here, that would improve this connectiion massively methinks :)

well, the tech may have told you to call for a reason, i'd say you grab a sandwhich and wait out the hold, they may want to have you fiddle with their gear, meaning that the chat would die, making it impossible to give instructions.

i mean, the guy /asked/ you to call. that would give me hope that they at least have an idea of what the prob may be.

Is there a program similar to cablenut that is available for mac?  And if not then how can i get it to work throgh my windows pc which is also on the network.  Can i do the tweak program through the wireless router or does it have to be connected directly to the modem?

I will try calling again later today.  Hopefully the wait times will be less.

thanks for your help

Is there a program similar to cablenut that is available for mac?  And if not then how can i get it to work throgh my windows pc which is also on the network.  Can i do the tweak program through the wireless router or does it have to be connected directly to the modem?

I will try calling again later today.  Hopefully the wait times will be less.

thanks for your help

Unless some of your computer acting as server, you need to tweak all, so after you tweaked your mac, continue with the windows PC.

modem ---> router ----> all computers

VanBuren :)

You mean i need to tweak all of the computers on the network that i want to have a faster upload speed?  That sounds kind of messy...i used to get great upload speeds.  I believe this is a problem with the modem or OOL though based on what i have tried.  I have heard people say that their upload speed was capped by their ISP becaise they were using file sharing, perhaps this is the case?  I'll call them sometime today and try to find out.

anyhow,

if i do need to tweak all of the computers on my network, how would I go about doing that?  What program do you reccomend for mac and what tweak settings should I use?  Thanks.

Thanks VB

I downloaded RMAC but i dont understand what i need to do in this program to improve my connection.  Has anyone used this before who could help me?  Thanks.

no problem :)

im afraid i cant help you anymore, but look at this test you made http://ttester.broadbandreports.com/tweak/block:4327816?service=cable&speed=1000&os=Mac&via=normal

and try to fin the settings they recommend to change

good luck

VanBuren :)

hmm...my mtu was already 1500, and i have no idea what selective acks are.  I dont know what rwin is either and i dont see anything that i can change in the program other than what is shown in the screenshot.  it also said on the test that upload packet was less than mtu and 1 second stall detected, and i have no idea what to do about either of these.