Help with Windows License

Brownie2k2001

Hi guys, I've got a genuine version of windows xp media center, and I've registered it with microsoft, but if i format my PC and install the same version with the same serial, will i still be able to register it again? or will it deny it?

I need to format my PC, but I'm worried it wont let me register again... Any help would be VERY much appreciated :)

Paul

Hi guys, I've got a genuine version of windows xp media center, and I've registered it with microsoft, but if i format my PC and install the same version with the same serial, will i still be able to register it again? or will it deny it?

I need to format my PC, but I'm worried it wont let me register again... Any help would be VERY much appreciated :)

Paul

don't worry you will be able to regester it again.

Paul

I have a store bought PC and have reformatted it several times. It was only necesary to register it once, since it was already registered.  ;)

so it send off a hardware profile with the registration?? I'm considering upgrading my mobo and graphics card soon though...

when you make a change like that it will not let you activate it anymore because it looks like a new pc, but all you have to do is then call it in, and they will give you a key.

it doesnt really matter.. You call the local number.. and you are going to get sent some where in the world where labor is cheap..

It shouldnt be an issue.. I have reinstalled windows XP pro so many time and I have never had to call in for activation..

coolies, so really the only time you need to reactivate is if you buy a whole new PC with no OS preinstalled?? Not like that'll be happening anytime soon lol :P

no not really because Ive gotten the "you need to reactive windows" thing after just changing a video card. but sometimes ive chaned a motherboard a processor and memory and never gotten it. so its all differnent.

Since windows only has the basic drivers it sometimes uses the same driver for 100s of devices.

if it had all the drivers out there u would never need a cd when u buy hardware

so yeah sometimes the hardware will change but not the driver so it doesnt notice a change