hosting plan

jamaicarocks

Wuz up,

I have a website which I host myself, but the upload speed is poor for a music application program I'm using.I dont have a static so i'm using No-Ip for DNS ..I only have apart of my website which I would like to put on a fast hosting plan.. would I need to trasfer anything but those files and create a link rite?.....say with a different port#....

could this work ...and any references

[i been checking out www.startlogic.com]

Thanks

Depending on the traffic to your website there are a few options..

Startlogic would work.. but if you are going to require a fast route to your users/customers then I would not go with them.. Their backbone is a bunch of consumer grade ISPs..  When you are looking for a dedicated/shared server the most important aspects are the backbone providor and hardware.  looks like 1&1 has the best backbone out of the three options that have been brought up..

As of right now i as well looking for a webhosting ive looked in to 1and1 i was reading about it. on the 1&1 home package the maxium amount of pages is 12? Do anyone else know any other webhostings.

that doesn't mean you can only have 12 pages, it means that you get up to 12 pages from there webpage builder.

oh okay. I was about to say. would you know any good programs for site building Thanks

usually the one that is included with what ever host you go with is the best. and it will work the best. Personally Ive never used one because i code all my sites myself.

same here i kinda want something basic, well because in kinda lazy

most webhosts have a instant installer, and they have many premade scripts and all you do is pick one and install it, so you really don't have to do very much. its very easy.

as far as offers go 1and1 has the best bang for the buck. the amount of space and email addys you get is almost immoral. the only reason i don't have them is because i haven't gone through the trouble of finding someone in the 50 states to act as a billing contact, which they require.

just, you are in germany? 1und1 is pretty good there, i actually still have a package with them. but they are far more expensive than the us daughter.

i am in the uk

they have 1 and 1 .co.uk in here also

they are very big worldwide that is how they can provide with some good packages

but bandwidth in the uk sucks

whats it like the packages in the usa one ?

what connection do they garantee in terms of speed?

the starter pack server comes with 1000G transfer in the usa

and in the uk only 10G see the difference in bandwidth cost

but bandwidth in the uk sucks

whats it like the packages in the usa one ?

bandwidth in the UK does suck for 7.19 pounds a month you get only 2.5GB storage and only 20GB of monthly bandwidth. in the USA for only $4.99a month you get 50GB storage and 500GB of monthly bandwidth.

i pay i think 8 euros a month for 250 megs of space, 200 1 gig mail accounts with a combined max of 20 gig and i thin 5 gigs of transfer. when i compare that with the us one i weep. yeah, i should move to the us one. just need someone to front for me.

don't know about their bandwidth guarantees, e-mail em and ask. (best way to check their support.)

dud they are tight here

and you know why

cause only one company not too long ago OWNED all the damn cables

british telecom

you guys in the usa i know u have verison

but still the marke tthere is much more free and liberal then it was here a few years ago

Well i think i might go with godaddy for my hosting with a 12 month term on the economy plan and a domain with them.

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosting/shared.asp?se=%2B&ci=260

they are pertty good, I have a VDC with them and there support is very good people are very nice. on the shared hosting the control panel is not the greatest but it does get the job done. and they are very fast relayed, and very affordable. good luck.