Linksys WRT54G 3rd Party Firmware

I love it.. no problem.. yes.. there is a guide, http://www.testmy.net/forum/t-12222 , on how to do it..  It is more stable and give you tons more options with what you can do with it. 

I use the DD-WRT version.. there are a few other but some of them cost money and are harder to install.. requiring a sftp install..

hey swimmer what settings you change to overclock wrt54g on dd-wrt firmware?

and swimmer are you 100% positive that you cant wds with one router, and have a diff router

that they have to be the same? so im asking do they HAVE to be the same router to link em

hey swimmer what settings you change to overclock wrt54g on dd-wrt firmware?

You can raise the transmit power on the router to boost range.. that is about all of the "overclocking" you can really do..  However, with the increase in power through the radio.. you need to watch the heat that is produced.  Many have installed fans to combat it.. I have yet to really play with the power settings..

swimmer are you 100% positive that you cant wds with one router, and have a diff router

that they have to be the same? so im asking do they HAVE to be the same router to link em

I am 99.9% positive that you have to have the same router to do WDS..  I have tired with a Dlink router and my dd-wrt and it didnt work out.. as far as I know WDS is a not a standard meaning that each manufacture can offer it but it doenst have to play fair with the other manufactures gear..  I will look into it if you are intersted.. But again I think it needs to be DD-WRT to DD-WRT..

You can raise the transmit power on the router to boost range.. that is about all of the "overclocking" you can really do..  However, with the increase in power through the radio.. you need to watch the heat that is produced.  Many have installed fans to combat it.. I have yet to really play with the power settings..

I've raised the transmit power as well as overclocked the router's cpu.

ahh.. you have v.23Sp1 installed? I am still running the original v.23 firmware.. That should help if your network needs a lot of routing or if you are running some of the more advanced features such as VoIP..