Windows Media Player 11 on XP Pro SP2

dlewis23

Has anyone found any Major bugs in this release???

I'd like to hear from someone who's already installed it and has been using it for a while...

Also, this seems to be part of the new Vista OS...which is very different than XP Pro SP2... and will it work with DFX audio like version 10 does? :-|

Has anyone found any Major bugs in this release???

I'd like to hear from someone who's already installed it and has been using it for a while...

Like will it work with DFX audio like version 10 does? :-|

ive been using not for about 30min, and i have not had 1 problem with it, and ive been playing all differnent formats from divx, wma, mp3, wmv, avi, mp4, mpeg4 ect. so it seems to be working good at least on my system.

Yea, since I have a imaging backup program and just did all my weekly computer maintenance and scans and made a fresh img backup, I went ahead and installed it just to see...Yea, I like it...(The way it looks and works) but it still doesn't sound anywhere near as good as Nero's Media Player...I think it's because Nero's Graphic EQ is much better...I just like the way it sounds to my ears...and I was a professional musician (live,stage, Rock guitarist) and have done a lot of studio work...so I know what sounds good and what doesn't...  ;)

But over all I do like the new Windows Media Player 11 and the new user enterface...

here it is, i dont see why i shouldnt post it

its a public beta

http://rapidshare.de/files/20268872/mpsetup.exe.html

take down if needed

I consider the link to be ok and not warez because it's not a paid program and never will be. As long as you have a Windows OS, Windows Media Player will be available as a free download.

• Note: Technically, it's not a public beta yet as it doesn't officially get released until May 17th. Someone at Microsoft has obviously given the world an early fix as these programs don't just upload themselves. :) I first saw this particular XP Pro version hit the web a couple of days ago.

WMP11 has been pretty stable since March (Vista 5342). However, this is my first time seeing URGE function correctly as it wasn't ready in previous versions of WMP11 (just a week ago it wasn't working). Here is another link to an URGE Launcher page which will open up WMP under that tab. It came in my registration email and requires an Active X control to be installed in order to work properly. Anyway, everything (playability wise) is very smooth, and it looks fantastic.

I don't know if the XP Pro build is the same as the one I'm using (could be slightly updated), but the 7.5 version of DFX that I've been using works great on Vista Ultimate 5381 32bit.

WMP11 plays anything I throw at it providing that the necessary codecs are installed. I use K-Lite Codec Pack 2.72 Full for all my codec needs.

wmp1115hd.th.jpg wmp1123pg.th.jpg

wmp1130hp.th.jpg wmp1145zf.th.jpg

Yea, No problems with the functions and looks of the new MP 11...I just wish they would have put MORE into the Sound of the program software like a Better Graphic Equalizer...It still doesn't sound anywhere near as good a Nero's Media player for Music...Not even with the DFX audio plug-in... :-|

But that's just a professional musician's opinion... ;)

Yea, No problems with the functions and looks of the new MP 11...I just wish they would have put MORE into the Sound of the program software like a Better Graphic Equalizer...It still doesn't sound anywhere near as good a Nero's Media player for Music...Not even with the DFX audio plug-in... :-|

But that's just a professional musician's opinion... ;)

the Graphic Equalizer that it built it sucks, so i use a 3rd party one that came with my soundcard and it works very well.

Sometimes the sound quality comes down to the hardware of the machine. MUff!N, do you have a sound card or on-board?

I have on-board hardware and it sounds pretty great, especially with the DFX plug-in. It could very well be the quality of S/PDIF. I only use analog sound when watching my tv tuner as it plugs right into the motherboard's CD Audio pins. Other than that, everything else comes through the digital, coaxial cable.

I can't compare it to Nero's Media Player because it's been a while since I've used it. I can't quite remember how well it played media, but I do know that I've never had any bad experiences with it.

The furthest I've strayed away from WMP is Winamp (which is still great). I just recently started testing VLC Media Player 0.8.5 through a friend's recommendation.

Guest kamil234

I allready have the WMP 11, for windows XP home...im not sure if its for pro also.

You have to have SP2 to use it. Plus this is the real version, not the public beta.

You can PM me if you want it.