Setting Up Wireless network

I kind of messed up and forgot I didn't install the linksys cd before inserting it, and let microsoft recognize it and stuff. Now, I can't get it to recognize it/ install it regularly. I tried system restore, but it kept the settings and still isn't working. So I guess I want to know how to uninstall the drivers/settings that it got from the first time inserting it.

Thanks

Like it says; error connection 4 cannot connect to the internet

How can I get that to one?

HI, To connect a router to your PC you dont need any CD (by the way inserting a CD will only mess you up more)

By default you will be able to access your router via your browser, by just typing

http://192.168.1.1 most common for linksys and "admin" for a password or

http://192.168.0.1 and also admin for a "password" leave user name blank

Are you talking about a wifi card or a router... if it is the card download the drivers and go into device manager and do a update driver.. that should remove the crappy OEM drivers that MS ships with XP...

If it is a router issue.. there is nothing on that CD that will help you with anything like rammolo already pointed out.. It is basically a setup guide for people who know just about nothing about wifi network but want to set on up.. I think it help with the encryption and setting the SSID... I never used mine but that is what the instustry is moving toward..

Yeah, sorry for not specifying but it is a wifi card. I deleted the installed software after the 1st time.. Now, whenever I click begin on the CD, it won't reinstall the software that finds the wireless networks and let you choose it. I'm looking for it on the linksys site now. It's the one with the square taskbar icon with green signals (like 4 of them). Also, the windows stuff only picks up my neigbors unsecure connection, when mine with WEP should have at least 80% as it did when the linksys program detects it.

I think I found out why it doesn't install the program. IT says:

" The wizard was interrupted before Wireless-G Notebook Adapter with SRX utility could b completely installed.

Your system has not been modified. To complete isntallation at another time, please run setup again."

So how do I avoid that???

Thanks guys.

Ok, that helps. And thanks PHP for the ssid broadcasting tip. Now, however after the card finds my network, when i hit connect it says: "Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the lists of available networks and try again."

However, I know for sure I have at least 80% signal strength. Would mac address filtering have something to do with this? Or any other security setting?

Thanks

I guess it did... BUT I'M CONNECTED! :D I just went to IPConfig/all and typed in both the physical addresses to my filtering list and then it allowed it to connect.

Thanks everyone for their help.

One last quick question: is there a way I can change the name of the connection from wireless connection 6 to something like Home?