Grinding Noises coming from fan

IK Gamex

i have recently been hearing grinding noises coming from my computer. the sound like a hain saw. i opened up my comp to see where they were comin from, and i thought they were comin from the small fan on the big metal block. I want to get a new fan, but im not sure if its the small fan or the huge fan on the power supply. can anybody help me?

i have recently been hearing grinding noises coming from my computer. the sound like a hain saw. i opened up my comp to see where they were comin from, and i thought they were comin from the small fan on the big metal block. I want to get a new fan, but im not sure if its the small fan or the huge fan on the power supply. can anybody help me?

first stop each fan with your finger by pressing down on the center point. do that till you find what fan it is.

first stop each fan with your finger by pressing down on the center point. do that till you find what fan it is.

Not the best advice :-  I've killed fan bearings doing that before...

@IK Gamex:  the fan shouldn't have to run at full speed to keep your computer from overheating.

ok, i found out itts the power suply fan by pressing on the small fan. are there any options to fix my problem? im too afaid that the fan isnt at full speed so i don't want my computer overheating.

Try getting some compress air and shooting it into the center of the fan.. If that doesnt take care of it.. well that fan is most likely about to die.. Not a big deal.. You are just going to need to monitor you temps or replace the power supply.