London 2006, 1984 Style

ROM-DOS

"Terrorist cells use master keys on a one-to-one basis, rather than using them to generate pass keys for a series of communications. With a one-to-one key, you may as well just force the terrorist suspect to decrypt that communication, or use other methods of decryption," said Clayton.

Oh yes, bring back the rack it never failed,

for me ID cards, yes,  we have had them b4

Keys,  yes 

civil liberties , just that, liberties we cant afford,

Just think ahead to another 10 years, if we do nothing ?

We had the same protests when the doomsday book was written 

So we end up with a police state, but still living, there are a good number of people that ain't because we did nothing,

just my humble view,

Roco  uk

if i were to use encryption for business i would not mind giving a keyset to a government agency. giving them the key doesn't mean that they will make use of it to read my mail, it means that they can verify that the communication they intercepted comes from a known source. if everyone gives their keys to a trusted agency traffic to or from a suspect can be analyzed to see if there are any unregistered keys being used. these would set off a red flag. if the key is known , the traffic can be decrypted to see if there is any untoward goings on.

the problem would be making the agency wholly trustworthy. any and all leaks of info would have to be prevented to keep the publics trust.