AVG Free ? Question ?

EWO

On fresh start or restart,  then check email, AVG Free seems to take forever to accept/check Hughes.net and Gmail.com - seems to fly thru Bellsouth.net. Have I miss a setting or something?  Aggravating for it to sit there chomping on Hughes.net or Gmail.com and not checking my email. Is this normal?  Perplexed!!!!!!

Jim  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:

Sometime it might take 5 -6 minutes just for Hughes.  Then when it clears each of my accounts I might not have any email at all.  Checked updates a few days ago - will check again.

Don't see AVG logo in toolbar    Got AVG  Logo in lower bar - right

Checked AVG:

Version               7.1.392

Virus Base          268.5.6/338

Release Date      5/12/2006     2:50:00 PM

Nothing in red.

Let me do a restart.  When AVG is working on Hughes the is a small window in lower right corner. saying "Email Scanner,  Autopop3 connecting to a numerical IP address.  I'll get the address when I come back up.

AVG Email Scanner

AutoPoP3 : Connecting to edited out IP address

The other AVG logo just spinning in bar.

Could something be conflicting with it - like Norton Security Suite 2005 or others??

I hate saying this, but you may need to contact Hughes,net. Sounds a little like an e-mail problem. Unless you know more about setting up an e-mail.

And I am not sure you want to post that number. It might link you, I am not sure.

Mine has always had that box in the lower corner.

Once it gets them scanned no more hold-ups.  When I check email all 4 accounts go thru with no problem.  Don't have any problems with email only this delay with AVG on start-up or restart. It's just a waiting thing - thats all !!!

Thanks tommie

I can do that.  I use Incredimail which will let me look at server to see the header of any email there without downloading it. Plus I can delete it without download at the server.  Will see what happens.

Thanks  tommie

I've been using it about two years and my only problem has been getting all my email accounts up and running on Incredimail.  It's a habit now. After my next restart I let you know if disable Norton works.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D