Hd

tstillery

Has anyone used a WD Caviar SE WD 2000 SATA

is it any good and can i hooked two of them up and use an IDE HD or what would be the best way of doing this?

Thanks tstillery

i personaly havent used it so i can't answer your first question, but to answer your second questoin, yes you can hook two of them up if you have 2 sata connectors on your motherboard, and you can still use a IDE HD if you want.

ok how do i hook them up ? it keeps asking to set up raid i have no clue what that is when i hook them up windows install disc does not see them so i hook up my ide hdd and i can see them in the raid tool is there a theard on this or has someone written a step by step? any info would be great

Thanks tstillery  :)

ok how do i hook them up ? it keeps asking to set up raid i have no clue what that is when i hook them up windows install disc does not see them so i hook up my ide hdd and i can see them in the raid tool is there a theard on this or has someone written a step by step? any info would be great

Thanks tstillery  :)

what motherboard do you have, becasue all you need is some 3rd party raid drives for windows to reconize the HDs. they are on the cd that came with your MB.

ok ihave a ABIT-AV8

i installed raid tool i take thats not the same ehh?

there will be 3rd party raid drivers on the CD or a floppy that came with that mobo. when you install windows it says press like F3 or something to install 3rd party raid drivers then it will ask you for a disk with the drives put that it windows will pull the drives and you will be able to see the sata drives.

Well i tried to install windows on the the drives but it keeps telling me that windows can not access the drive ....does mean it is locked i got these from a friend not sure where he got them.

if i can use them as storage that would be fine

tstillery  :confused1: