Presidential Address to the Nation.

j3grizz

Should we send the National Guard to patrol the borders?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should we send the National Guard to patrol the borders?

• Send National Guard to Borders.
    • Don't Send National Guard to borders.
    • Don't care!
    • Undecided

Sort of undecided, but would like to see how it works out. Guess they will have to try it out. We need something.

I still say we should try and boost their economy, even if for our own good.  ;)

Just make a reason for them to stay over there, and maybe benefit also from cheaper goods, and transport of goods. Since they are so close.

I mean, that is the reason for it. No.

I lean more toward sending them for now until we can get something figured out. Hopefully we won't have to keep them down there forever! Surely we can come up with something. We just need to get a hold on it for now.

Send the N. G. or Reg Army, something has got to be done.

GW's proposal won't get it done.  After saying all along that

he was against amnesty he then proposed what was thinly

disguised amnesty.  All he is trying to do is bolster his poll

ratings as he knows he is floundering for the rest of his term

if he can't raise the poll ratings.  You can see Karl Rove

written all over that speeech, if he didn't have him he wouldn't

know what to say except duh whats next Dick.  GW still

sucks.

Another thought:  How is he gonna pay for all this?  He has

already gotten us so deep in debt with his tax cuts for the rich

folks and the war in Iraq that our Grandkids will have to pay for

all this.  I'm not dirt poor (now) and I'm not rich but, I am still

paying about the same in taxes as before the cuts.  Even the

Billionaire investor, Warren Buffet, said he and his kind didn't

need the stupid tax cut.    :angry5: :angry5:

using military personnel in a law enforcement role is a bad idea in any case. military personnel are not trained in the finer points of law enforcement. (except mp units of course). troops are trained for basic perimeter control, true. but usually the rules of engagement in such a scenario escalate to opening fire a lot faster than they do in a law enforcement role. if you deploy troops on the border they will be unfamiliar with the mission since they never received proper training for it and that will make them apprehensive and nervous. this will combine to make them more aggressive. i think that is a very bad thing.

using troops to supplement the rear echelon of the existing border patrol units by providing logistic and communications support as well as training new border patrol recruits in weapons use and use of other equipment is ok.

even in the training role they will only be able to offer basic support as the education about the duties of a border patrol agent can only be done by personnel that is trained in those duties.

the last i heard was that the use of the military would be restricted to logistics and training while the border patrol force is increased in number to be able to use the officers available now where they will be most effective. on the border and not behind a desk.

if troops are sent to the border maybe they shouldn't stop at the border... :twisted:

The sheriff of Maricopa County, Ariz., told Fox News he's doing his part to sign up illegal aliens with the Selective Service, as the law requires. Sheriff Joe Arpaio said some 8,000 border-jumpers, now sitting in his jail cells, have signed up so far -- "and they can be drafted if the time ever comes." Arapaio, known for his tough and innovative approach to crime-fighting, says the nation needs more effective border control and the government is tackling the problem belatedly. Just after President Bush spoke Monday night, Arizona authorities arrested 18 more illegals in Maricopa County, Arpaio said. He also said if the National Guard is deployed to the border, he hopes the troops will give him a heads-up when illegals are headed into Maricopa County -- "so I can arrest them." Arpaio said he's the only sheriff who's enforcing a new state law that allows him to charge illegal aliens with criminal conspiracy to smuggle themselves into the United States. "I do have a message, and I think it's getting through -- to stay out of this county," Arpaio said.

. . .is the Federal government now legitmizing illegals?

NON-CITIZENS

Some non-citizens are required to register. Others are not. Noncitizens who are not required to register with Selective Service include men who are in the U.S. on student or visitor visas, and men who are part of a diplomatic or trade mission and their families. Almost all other male noncitizens are required to register, including illegal aliens, legal permanent residents, and refugees. The general rule is that if a male noncitizen takes up residency in the U.S. before his 26th birthday, he must register with Selective Service. For a more detailed list of which non-citizens must register, see Who Must Register ~ Chart  ~  http://www.sss.gov/FSwho.htm

Well for me i don't believe in this amnesty crap screw that. Tommie i don't quite agree with you on they fact that we should help Fox build up their economy Fox has known that this has been going for along time has done nothing to try and stop it because it is already helping out their corrupt government why don't they all march in front of him and tell their government that want to change Mexico ?

ideal: we build a wall on our side and they build a wall on their side jobs for all

tstillery :)

I did not mean for the $ to go to the gov't over there. I meant some sort of incentive to move some of our company's over there to create job's.

If it went into the wrong hands it would be cut off. Some sort of control would have to be inforced. Proof of spending. Another loan with control.

We also need to get a handle on them not wanting to become a citizen, but wanting to work. Stiffer immigration laws. If it is so great join, if not, stay over there.

The only reason they work over here and go back over there, is because American $ makes them rich back home. And then they are somebody. Our $ does not make them any different here than Joe Blow.

I did not mean for the $ to go to the gov't over there. I meant some sort of incentive to move some of our company's over there to create job's.

If it went into the wrong hands it would be cut off. Some sort of control would have to be inforced. Proof of spending. Another loan with control.

We also need to get a handle on them not wanting to become a citizen, but wanting to work. Stiffer immigration laws. If it is so great join, if not, stay over there.

The only reason they work over here and go back over there, is because American $ makes them rich back home. And then they are somebody. Our $ does not make them any different here than Joe Blow.

I know that there are already numerous American Corp. that have

factories across the border from Tx.  I am sure that is probably all

up and down the border.  A lot of them have been there for a long

time.  They also have lots of assembly factories for auto parts and

all kinds of electronics and also clothing such as Haggar.  They are

there because labor is cheaper and no labor laws that can't be

taken care of with a bribe.  The whole Mex. government operates

on bribery including the Police.

We have the immigration laws now but, they are not being enforced.

You can't enforce them without the dollars and the people to do it.

GW wants the local law enforcement to start arresting illegals but,

they can't even keep up with their own crime rate.  :angry5: :angry5:

ideal: we build a wall on our side and they build a wall on their side jobs for all

tstillery :)

Guess you were right tstillery.

Ideal: we build a wall on our side and they build a wall on their side jobs for all

And I am uneducated in some things EWO.

North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)

Basically is states that my idea was already tried, and the corporations are the only ones that made out. My apologies.

http://www.citizen.org/trade/nafta/

What did you think about the soldiers being sent to the border?

The address is nothing more than empty words, the Bush administration has had 5 years to come up with something, and this should have been issue number one on the list after the so-called terrorist attacks.

Saying that the US government planned 9 / 11 /2001 is about as stupid as if you

Because, the US government would never make plans to use terrorist attacks against its own people, right? I think someone needs to look up Operation Northwoods.

The previously secret document was originally made public on November 18, 1997 by the John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Review Board[1], a U.S. federal agency overseeing the release of government records related to John F. Kennedy's assassination.[2][3] A total of about 1500 pages of once-secret military records covering 1962 to 1964 were concomitantly declassified by said Review Board.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

You could say that flying saucers exist also. But this does not mean that this plan was used in this instance.

And why would you use an unclassified plan that everybody already knows about?

They Had A Plan

Long before 9/11, the White House debated taking the fight to al-Qaeda. By the time they decided, it was too late. The saga of a lost chance

By Michael Elliott   

Posted Sunday, Aug. 4, 2002; 2:31 a.m. EST

Sometimes history is made by the force of arms on battlefields, sometimes by the fall of an exhausted empire. But often when historians set about figuring why a nation took one course rather than another, they are most interested in who said what to whom at a meeting far from the public eye whose true significance may have been missed even by those who took part in it.

One such meeting took place in the White House situation room during the first week of January 2001. The session was part of a program designed by Bill Clinton's National Security Adviser, Sandy Berger, who wanted the transition between the Clinton and George W. Bush administrations to run as smoothly as possible. With some bitterness, Berger remembered how little he and his colleagues had been helped by the first Bush Administration in 1992-93. Eager to avoid a repeat of that experience, he had set up a series of 10 briefings by his team for his successor, Condoleezza Rice, and her deputy, Stephen Hadley.

Berger attended only one of the briefings

Bill Clinton In the Wake of 9/11

It seems that even after the most devastating terrorist attack in human history, and notwithstanding four months in which to assimilate the enormous vulnerability of a society as simultaneously complex and open as ours, and a similar interval in which to appreciate a wartime leader who has not made a false step since September 11 and has thereby saved thousands and made safer millions of lives, some people still lack the elemental sense of self-preservation to admit they were wrong about George W. Bush, and