Broadband Speed Overkill?

ROM-DOS

My friens has sbc or att whatever u wwant to call it

he uploads an average og 5 gigs of music dvds and progs a day and doesnt get busted 4 it

while dl like 3 gigs a day

i dl like 5 gigs in a day for a week because i was trying out difrent linux distros and i get busted

they told me i need to stop putting that much presure on their system or they would cancell my acount

it sucks it aint fair

now im hosting an ftp but its low level

just between me and some friends

Guest PeePs
he uploads an average og 5 gigs of music dvds and progs a day and doesnt get busted 4 it

while dl like 3 gigs a day.

Yeah my friend has Cox and he uploads like 5 gigs a day too and never gets busted. Yet my other friend also has Cox and he barely uploads and Cox e-mailed him not to download anymore movies....

You have to remember us poor souls with satelite, 700/128(U/L is usually around 75Kbps). Or the fellas with Dial-up.

I wish I had 256U/L. :angry4:

You wish you had 256, but you get tired of it after a while.  I remember when my ISP upgraded me from 128 to 256 and I was really excited for about a week, then it got boring just like the 128.  I assume it will be like that with any upload speed.

You wish you had 256, but you get tired of it after a while.  I remember when my ISP upgraded me from 128 to 256 and I was really excited for about a week, then it got boring just like the 128.  I assume it will be like that with any upload speed.

You would have to understand true sat. U/L speed. You have to add a 2 second delay also, referred to as jet lag. Here are my speeds:

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 67 Kbps about 0.07 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 8 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/05/20 - 1:35pm

Bottom Line:: 1X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 128 sec

Tested from a 579 kB file and took 71.1456 seconds to complete

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 71.28 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-80RY2XAK9

Just about dial-up. And I pay about $59.95 per month.

those letters from the isp are due to a complaint from the riaa or mpaa or from an actual label or software mfr. if they put a dummy file on the p2p net they track who downloads and uploads it and then file a complaint with the isp who is forced by law to pass the complaint on.

From an open source company???

All i dl is linux distros anymore

I have not dl an mp3 in A while  But i have just about any distro u want uder the sun

And when i do dl mp3s i do it from my friends ftp or other ppls ftps i trust or know

if i need something they dont got ALLOFMP3.COM

btw HE DOESN'T BRAG i bitch about it because it aint fair i know 4 a fact he up/downs that ammount a day and i dl distros and i get busted

its possible to upload like mad and not get capped cause if your node is getting slammed it will get you capped and if its fine even under heavy uploading they wont do a thing to him cause he isnt stressing the node.  sorry man but thats how it works it doesnt matter how much you use. ;) ;)

From an open source company???

All i dl is linux distros anymore

I have not dl an mp3 in A while  But i have just about any distro u want uder the sun

And when i do dl mp3s i do it from my friends ftp or other ppls ftps i trust or know

if i need something they dont got ALLOFMP3.COM

btw HE DOESN'T BRAG i bitch about it because it aint fair i know 4 a fact he up/downs that ammount a day and i dl distros and i get busted

must be because your friend is engaging in capitalism while you are downloading communist opensource stuff.

i havent been capped yet but i dont go too crazy.  i also have 3 more comps that do about the same as this but then again i have 3 internet connections so i dont know what used what.  i reformatted this comp a few months ago but here is what i used since then.

Month            Received            Sent              Total              Dialup

March 2006        22.8 GB        14.1 GB        37.0 GB            N/A

April 2006            99.4 GB        43.2 GB          142 GB            N/A

May 2006          58.6 GB        27.9 GB        86.6 GB            N/A