New Worm Browser

ROM-DOS

If you use Yahoo Instant Messenger or any other IM program, be wary of links you click on. A new worm has started spreading via these IM programs, which changes your background, starts looping some aparently awful music in the background quite loudly, installs it "Safety Browser" ironic or what, changes your homepage, starts sending out the link to go and get yourself infected when your chatting and looking at someone's yahoo profile, and sends you to adverts sites which riddle your computer with all sorts of nasties.

Check out;

http://blog.spywareguide.com/2006/05/hijacking_your_browser_withano_1.html

I would not use an instant messenger anyway. It just slows down the comp too much. And e-mail is fast enough for me anyway. Other wise I use the phone.  :mrgreen:

i always ask my friends if they sent me a link and i know which friends to trust but i also think my firewall would stop the program from launching or starting anything else even if it got in.

I would not use an instant messenger anyway. It just slows down the comp too much. And e-mail is fast enough for me anyway. Other wise I use the phone.  :mrgreen:

I use it ocasionally,  but not set  to run on start up, I use it to help a few friends sort out thier puters problems, using video/voice link, it  kinda works for me,

I still prefer e-mail for most things though,

yeah,  the good old phone usualy is best for that, (just click on etc, LOL ) talk about a newbie helping a newbie, I could write a book about that LOL