Double gold

VanBuren

Sweden makes history with gold at hockey worlds

Posted: Sunday May 21, 2006 3:49PM; Updated: Sunday May 21, 2006 3:57PM

Free E-mail AlertsE-mail ThisPrint ThisSave ThisMost PopularRSS Aggregators

RIGA, Latvia (AP) -- Sweden shut out defending champion Czech Republic 4-0 Sunday to win the World Ice Hockey Championship and complete a unique double three months after capturing Olympic gold.

It was the eighth world title for Sweden, which had eight Olympic champions on its roster. In the Winter Olympics, Sweden beat Nordic rival Finland in the final. No team had managed the elusive double in international hockey. There have been six previous occasions when the Olympic tournament and world championship were played as separate tournaments in the same year.

Sweden was missing one of its top goalscorers, Mika Hannula (four goals), who was suspended one game after cross-checking Sidney Crosby into the boards in the semifinals against Canada.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/hockey/more/05/21/worlds.ap/index.html

It was pretty boring game, Czech Republic wasnt even close to score one single goal

good job Sweden  :D

VanBuren :)

Nice....I always watch hockey...couldnt get to watch this here in the states...but congratulations to Sweden on the mark!!!

BTW..who was their goalie? Lundqvist?...also Sweden did pretty good in the Eurovision contest yesterday...but Finland won

Nice....I always watch hockey...couldnt get to watch this here in the states...but congratulations to Sweden on the mark!!!

BTW..who was their goalie? Lundqvist?...also Sweden did pretty good in the Eurovision contest yesterday...but Finland won

the goalie was Johan Holmqvist, he didnt need to work much that game  :haha:

Lundqvist didnt want to play this World Cup, i bet he regret that now lol

The Eurovision song contest is a joke lol, usually countries give high points to their neighbours, but this time it was diffrent Finland won with some monsters playing hardcore rock, funny shit !!! Congrats Finland you deserve it :)

the goalie was Johan Holmqvist, he didnt need to work much that game  :haha:

Lundqvist didnt want to play this World Cup, i bet he regret that now lol

The Eurovision song contest is a joke lol, usually countries give high points to their neighbours, but this time it was diffrent Finland won with some monsters playing hardcore rock, funny shit !!! Congrats Finland you deserve it :)

Haha...you know thats exactly what I say...no one cares about the music..eventhough the quality does suck...its all about the neighbors and I dont like that....but again congrats to your country for winning gold...........again :evil6::haha: