Some Upgrades...

brock01

Alright so this summer (or now) i wanna upgrade some stuff on my computer, if you wanna call it upgrading, would you guys tell me what you think about them or any other suggestions

i want/need a new PSU

i was looking at this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103929

and i would like to get a new case as the Dell one i have no is really crammed with 4hds in it and such

i like x_6985381 idea so i think imma steal his and get this case if it is good

http://xoxide.com/x-ventilator-case-black.html

as it looks it has good airflow

does that support 4hds?

* Chassis material: 0.7mm SECC Steel

* Mainboard Form Factor: ATX (12.50

brock01 the power supply is really good go with that. but you can't just get a new case. dell uses a proprietary case format your dell motherboard is not going to fit in a regular ATX case. your going to have to seriously modify the case to make it fit correctly.

so it wont fit at all with the case?

do you know of any places that i can find a case that would fit a dell?

no it wont fit unless you basically cut the whole back half off the case and the mounting rack as well. i don't think anyone makes any cases that will fit a dell motherboard.

i love the layout of the case honestly, and the price only cost me 47 with 3 day shipping, thats a great price for all the fans and what not that come with it. i think it was a great buy. and i hope you use it! thanks for stealing it :P anyways

why not upgrade your motherboard? i mean stock boards are nice

but support only a limited ammount of features.

unlike the custom boards that can be tweaked. just a thought

-    Jake.

why not upgrade your motherboard? i mean stock boards are nice

but support only a limited ammount of features.

unlike the custom boards that can be tweaked. just a thought

-    Jake.

ha i posted that while you were typing

A new motherboard would be fine, make sure you get one for what you want though, because i bought one once for multitasking and it was only built for gaming, i sent it back got my money back, pretty sad how boards can be made only for certin things, just remeber that

go for a powersupply with a incase fan, to suck in the heat from the cpu, i just bought a maddog 550 Watt SLI ready power supply, and i cant hear it even when it auto speeds to a higher level of fan power. and its giving me even power supply through out the board, just a thought, and it really wasnt exspensive only $109

i have a friend that has a intel motherboard that hes not using, so if i used that with the new psu, and new case? would i be set?

aside from that question

what a good amd processor and motherboard that go well together

if you are going to overclock i would go with a DFI board. i have haven't overclocked my computer yet but i got a DFI because i heard thats what they are great at. as for the processor depends if you want dual core or not but socket 939 like richcornucopia said would be good.