Lag in Counter Strike

S7R1D3R

Can anyone help me out, see i have 1.5MBps DSL connection and i almost run the 1.4MBps, when I get in the game though all of a sudden my ping goes crazy, it is settle for a moment, then after a couple of seconds it goes up to 300-5000 ping yes 5 thousand, I was tryin to keep playin like this, but people thought I was speed hacking and banned me from a lot of servers, so now I need help on how to fix it, I will leave a test result and see if anyone can give me a few suggestions, I play Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, but it is still the same as 1.6 in the configuration and kinda like the same for CS: Source. my plan is 1.5/128k

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1186 Kbps about 1.19 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 145 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/05/23 - 1:31pm

Bottom Line:: 21X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 7.06 sec

Tested from a 579 kB file and took 4 seconds to complete

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060426 Firefox/1.5.0.3

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 82.25 % of your hosts average (covad.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-3ASH0UNVO

i usually go at 1.3MBps seconds though, so pls help

speed seems ok, not the issue here i think. do some pathpings against the servers you experienced the problem, against tmn and other servers. see if you can get the pings to go ballistic that way too. of course, scrub the system of any spyware, malware, aol and other crap. if your system is clean and you can reproduce the high pings against different servers maybe ring up the isp and see if there are any known issues. if they say no, call again to get a different tech and see if he agrees...

Guest PeePs

Well, if your download speeds are fine, it might be your counter-strike settings.

In your console type "Rate" and press enter. It should tell you what your current rate is and if your rate is anything below 1000 that might be the problem. I set my rate at 20,000 but my connection is faster than yours. I think a good rate for you would be the default 9999. To change your rate just type "rate 9999" in the console and hit enter.

A couple other commands to check are:

cl_cmdrate

cl_updaterate

(both of mine are set at 101)

If that isn't the problem you could check your route to the server you are lagging in. Just do a "tracert <server ip>" in Windows-Dos.