faster router

i'll hook up my router when i have some time to and test wireless VS wired and show you exactly what you would get if you had the wrt54g.  you should see the same results as me joeandjan cause you have the same package as me so wait till i post back results before you buy a router unless you really need it.

I checked out Linksys's new WPC 300N;sounds like it might do the job.I thought the"N" routers wouldn't be out till late this year.I'll wait till I hear back from Blunted2 before I fork over 130 bucks.I'm hardwired to my modem now,so I'll post my down & up now

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 23521 Kbps about 23.52 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 2871 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/05/25 - 2:07am

Bottom Line:: 410X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.36 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 4.235 seconds to complete

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Avant Browser)

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 179.98 % faster than the average for host (optonline.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-68GAOP043

I'm calling my ISP right now and going back to 15/2

I've Found Setting most Wireless Routers to channel 3 Gives me a 9% boost in wireless speed. I have tested this with Ailink,d-link,netgear,us-robotic routers. and have seen some improvement. Don't know the reason though. I've heard some say. Most Routers/wifi come right out of the box operating at channel 11, and it's overcrowding the freq. Thus some recieve lower transfer rates for 802.11g routers.