Mustang GT vs. Pontiac firebird

amc11890

diesel + nitrous =  :twisted:

Shit bro, your right haha. I forgot all about that option. Back when i had my ford probe, i remember racing a few people thru lakeland and one of the guys had a ford F250 power stroke turbo disel , and off the line, that man started hauling ass THEN roasting the tires clear thru 3rd gear @ over what had to be 70 + mph.  I was like " omfg is he still roasting them ?! " : haha: :haha:

I was so amazed.  If i had the money thats what id go for.  That or a RAM SRT :D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit bro, your right haha. I forgot all about that option. Back when i had my ford probe, i remember racing a few people thru lakeland and one of the guys had a ford F250 power stroke turbo disel , and off the line, that man started hauling ass THEN roasting the tires clear thru 3rd gear @ over what had to be 70 + mph.  I was like " omfg is he still roasting them ?! " : haha: :haha:

I drive a 1983 Mercedes 300SD....it's a turbo diesel....and it's got as much low-end pickup and high-end torque as I would ever need.

amc11890, if you could ever find one of these, 1970 Firebird....grab it up.  One of my favourite cars of all time.

[/html]

amc11890 ;I would go with the manual sometimes an automatic is nice but why not learn to drive a manual.I started driving a manual when I was 10 years old.Not on the street.It was my grandads 1941 Cheverolet pickup.There was a large feild he let me drive it in.

I've driven both Chevrolets & Fords & quite few other cars.I've never owned a Japanese car & don't plan to .Both have pros & cons.

CA3LE I have had much better luck with valves on both kinds than you .My main wear problem has always been rings.For valves I usually get 100000 + .The fastest I ever drove was in a 1966 Ford Galaxy with a 390 about 160 mph.The fastest car I was ever in was a 1964 Chevelle Malibu 327 at the time but this changed from time to time.The freind that had it raced it & blew a lot of motors.

It's 1/4 mile time was around 11 & 1/4 sec.It was supercharged with dual quads,12 to 1 pistons,headers with dual glasspacs,An H-pipe probably would have added some balance but he usually raced it with strait headers.You could still get leaded premium at the time.I think super Shell was 110 to 112 octane.Those were the days.

Well since we are talking off topic, how about a 1969 428 Cobra jet Mach1 with 4 spd. Asking price $5800 in Indiana. Now that will eat up many a Camaro and girls hearts. 6 days to bid yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-1969-FORD-MUSTANG-MACH-1-FASTBACK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6236QQitemZ4644122955QQrdZ1

Had to print screen for some reason.

Edit: How to drive a 4 spd. http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php?topic=11714.0

on another note, how about you ask roco if he can help you find a nice citroen 2cv. seats 4, has an acceleration. has a top speed. has almost no displacement. has 2 cylinders. should cost practically no insurance. and to top it off it is a convertible, more fun to drive than you can imagine and gets great gas mileage. plus it is a cute car, chicks will dig it.

Oldsmobile had the right idea, to have real fun.

"1964 Cutlass 442 info page FOUR-FOUR-TWO stands for four on the floor, four-barrel carb, and dual exhausts."

4 bbl.=large throaty carb sound

4spd.=just so much fun to grab a gear and have it be there

dual exhaust=speaks for itself

Just your fun basic Hotrod package.

just can't be beat for fun!  :D

Rally Sport, sort of like an SS. Just a little different.

Edit: I don't trust them either. I look for one close enough, and let the guy know by e-mail that I will be by with-in the next weekend to pick it up with $$. I have bought two that way. I would never send hard earned $$ like some of them expect.

They really just want the deal to go through.

And by not paying ahead, if you think the guy lied, you just pack and go on. Ask plenty of questions.  ;)

cholla, while driving a stick is a good skill to have if you need to rent a moving van or somesuch for a daily driver i would always go for the automatic tranny. traffic jams and such are just so much nicer with that than with a stick...

resopalrabotnick;I guess I prefer a stick.I've driven both ..I guess when you've shifted a stick long enough it feels automatic.I would like it if they put a factory roll control on the stick.Stopped uphill & taking off is one of the few times I would like an automatic but a roll control will take care of that.

I have had some cars with automatics.My 1957 Chevrolet Wagon had a 283 engine & cast iron powerglide.I also had a 1963 Plymouth Fury with a push button automatic.The first automatic I drove was a 1954 Buick with a Dynaflow automatic & enclosed driveline really quite.I could list more but those are the more unusual automatics I've owned or driven.The rest were Ford c4 or c6 & GM Turbohydramatics.

The crazy one to drive is a manual 3 speed column shifter.An old worn one can put the transmission in 2 gears at the same time & kill the transmission.

tommie gorman ;Wasn't it the 1968 & 69 RS that had the covered head lights that the SS didn't?

tommie gorman ;Wasn't it the 1968 & 69 RS that had the covered head lights that the SS didn't?

I thought so too.

I just checked ebay.

67 RS & SS both had the headlight covers.

68 RS had the headlight covers only.

69 not sure.

But then I noticed that you could mix RS & SS.

So you might actually ask coknuck, he is more of a Chevy man.

I thought I really knew too.  :icon_scratch:

tommie gorman ;I did some looking for this information on some Camaro sites.As far as I found only the RS had the headlight covers.I'm sure a lot of SS owners managed to get the RS grill & lights for their cars.Another interesting fact I found was although there were 1967 Z28s if one has the chrome emblems for Z28 they are from a newer model.1968 was the first year with them.

Heres the rest of what I copied  at the Camaro sites:

The 1967 model Camaro was the only year were the headlight door covers were electronically operated. Later years they were operated by vacuum.

Headlight covers on 1968 RS models were now vacuum operated rather than electronically as in the 1967 model year

1969 Camaro RS models Up front, partially see-through headlight covers were used with the

Rally Sport grille package (previous RS headlight covers were solid panels).

Optional Rally Sport models had vacuum-operated headlight covers with three see-through

slots which permitted limited lighting even with headlight doors closed and lights on

1970 Camaro  The Rally Sport hideaway headlights were no longer available. 1969 was the

last Camaro model year to have hide-away headlights.

Lemme put it this way,  wat is the fastest and badest car i can get for 12000?

Pre made or built to order by your self?

I am in process of building a 1967 Fairlane with a present 289 auto.($2550) I then purchased a 1970 LTD with a 429 and all goodies to boot. ($299)radiator, springs, posi rear )

Put those togather for under $5000 total.

It really depends on you.  ;)

What do you want in a car?

For $12,000, you can build a 4 wheel rocket on wheels, you know what I mean.  ;)

no manual is not hard to drive. i would defiantly go with a auto. a stick just gets old after a while.

plus auto is good on a muscle car because (especially if your going to run it at the track) you get more consistant times... fuck, even most pros use autos now -- or just a 2-speed .. a fucked up shift is a lost race ;-)