computer's temperature is so high

insideout

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course there are all sorts of units for cooling your cpu but probably nothing you would want to pay for. You can do what my dad does and open your case and point a fan in there (yes he really does it). Its backwoods but it works. Also make sure your air vents on the case are clean. Take some can air to them.

after making sure all the vents are clean make sure that the box is not in a place where airflow to and from the system is impeded by furniture. (don't shove a comp into a cubbyhole in your desk. bad idea.) lower the ambient (room) temp, make sure it's not hit by sunlight, move it into the stream from an a/c vent if possible. or do as shug suggests, strip the thing down and point a fan into it. be ready to clean out the dustbunnies frequently though. removing the case also makes it transmit more EMI.

Guest PeePs
Cooling Fans 

CPU  569 RPM

I don't know if I'm wrong, but that is really slow for a CPU fan isn't it? Mine spins at about 3500 RPM. I guess maybe an older CPU might have a slower fan?

My dads pc has watermelons growing inside of it. They are good in the summer.

So that's where you get your watermelons. And all this time, I had been buying them in the supermarket. They are quite tasty in the summertime.

lol

So that's where you get your watermelons. And all this time, I had been buying them in the supermarket. They are quite tasty in the summertime.

lol

Yea especially the ones my dad grows. He smokes cigarettes all day so they are naturally full of nicotine. Yum. :haha:

Yea especially the ones my dad grows. He smokes cigarettes all day so they are naturally full of nicotine. Yum. :haha:

Interesting cigarette marketing strategy.... Stick it in watermelons! Much better than the camel at attracting young consumers.

Guest PeePs
my computer is pretty new. i just bought last november. it's supposed to have liquid cooling instead of a fan system i think.

It's real easy to tell.... just look in your case and see if there are water tubes!!!!

I've never looked into water cooling and I have never personally had a water cooling system, but don't you have to like refill the water on those periodically?

I strongly suspect you don't have a 'real' liquid cooling system.  I think it's a liquid filled heat pipe that transfers heat to elsewhere in the case, probably the back.

Guest PeePs

Well since its not a water cooling system I would either invest in a new cpu fan & heatsink or some more case fans. If you want to keep your cpu extra cool you could use the Arctic 5 Silver thermal compound stuff.

I strongly suspect you don't have a 'real' liquid cooling system.  I think it's a liquid filled heat pipe that transfers heat to elsewhere in the case, probably the back.

well you would be right. it is just a liquid filled heat pipe. and it doesn't work very well. a standard heat sink would do so much better.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835100007

is this what you're talking about? How do you use this?

Um I have a warranty for my Sony computer. it has onsite service so they replace any parts that are broken or not working. If I contact SONY, do you think they can fix it or will it still overheat?

um last thing can you tell me more about this heatsink and what's the difference between that and a fan as well as give me some links to some good heatsinks or fans? Thanks a lot.

yea that is the right stuff or what i use at least. since you have a warranty i would give them a call and see what they will do. you could upgarde your heatsink if you want i would reccomend a thermalright xp-90 or 120 or one by zalman. if you were to get a thermalright then you would attach a fan of according size.

Well, that was random.

dlewis23:Heatpipes are quite efficient, the best heatsinks for air use them and they get heat output similiar to cheap/medium watercooling.