NEED HELP

james5885

I need help i have a virus on my comp( a worm) ive try my anti virus it only Qs it and then i delete and it comes back ive try to restore to no use and it come back.... whats its doin it brings my limewire up every couple of mins then i took lime wire off and know it trys to download it....... can anyone help

Try booting up in Safe Mode ~ then run your AV, again.

[i love Trojans ~ if you want to do it yourself, just find the bugger, usually in Windowssystem32 and start listing by date and time ~ it's usaually at the top of the list ~ lol]

How to Recover from Infection

Automatic Recovery:

Malicious Software Removal Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspx

Manual Recovery

To manually recover from infection by Backdoor:Win32/Rbot.MA, follow these steps:

Install Windows security update MS05-039.

Disconnect from the Internet.

Restart your computer in safe mode.

End the Trojan process.

Delete the Trojan file from your computer.

Delete the Trojan registry entries.

Restart your computer.

Take steps to prevent re-infection.

Install Windows security update MS05-039

To install MS05-039 using Windows Update

Go to the Windows Update Web site at windowsupdate.microsoft.com.

On the Windows Update site, click Scan for Updates. Windows Update scans your computer and returns a list of critical updates, including service packs.

In the Pick updates to install list, click Critical Updates and Service Packs. Windows Update creates a list of the updates appropriate for your computer, including MS05-039 if it is not installed. Critical updates are selected for download automatically.

Click Review and install updates, and then click Install Now. You may need to restart your computer after installing the updates.

Disconnect from the Internet

To help ensure that your computer is not actively infecting other computers, disconnect it from the Internet before proceeding. Print this Web page or save a copy on your computer; then unplug your network cable and disable your wireless connection. You can reconnect to the Internet after completing these steps.

Restart your computer in safe mode

To start your the computer in safe mode

Remove all floppy disks and CDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.

When prompted, press F8. If Windows starts without displaying the Please select the operating system to start menu, restart your computer. Press F8 after the firmware POST process completes, but before Windows displays graphical output.

From the Windows Advanced Options menu, select a safe mode option.

End the Trojan process

Ending the Trojan process will help stop your computer from infecting other computers as well as resolve the crashing, rebooting, and performance degradation issues caused by the Trojan.

To end the Trojan process

Press CTRL+ALT+DEL once and click Task Manager.

Click Processes and click Image Name to sort the running processes by name.

Select the process pnpsrv.exe, and click End Process.

Delete the Trojan file from your computer

To delete the Trojan file from your computer

Click Start, and click Run.

In the Open field, type the name of the system folder, for example C:WindowsSystem32

Click OK.

Click Name to sort files by name.

Delete the file pnpsrv.exe if it is in the list.

On the Desktop, right-click the Recycle Bin and click Empty Recycle Bin.

Click Yes to confirm the deletion.

If deleting pnpsrv.exe fails, follow these steps to verify that the file is not running:

Press CTRL+ALT+DEL once and click Task Manager.

Click Processes and click Image Name to sort the running processes by name.

Confirm that the file is not in the list.

Delete the Trojan registry entries

Backdoor:Win32/Rbot.MA creates numerous entries in the Windows registry. These entries should be deleted.

To delete the Trojan registry entries

On the Start menu, click Run.

Type regedit and click OK.

In the left pane, navigate to the key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun

In the right pane, right-click the following value, if it exists: Windows PNP Server

Click Delete and click Yes to delete the value.

Repeat steps 3 through 5 for each of the following registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRunServices

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRunServices

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftOLE

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftOLE

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlLsa

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlLsa

Close the Registry Editor.

Restart your computer

To restart your computer

On the Start menu, click Shut Down.

Select Restart from the drop-down list and click OK.

Hope that helps.

Hey this is good info, thanks.

Do you think it will work for my virus problem?

anyway - i carried out an auto scan on MS website and it has not found anything yet i still have the virueses on me computer.

Mcafee (Trail) version - removed the infected area's but i think the virus just reloads back itself

how can i remove it? will the manual procedure work for me ?????

delete all your tmp files. if it is a virus it should be spotted somewhere else. if it is just a random occurence of a string that looks like a string in a virus (which is how the scanner detects it) then it should solve that problem. since it detects them i wouldn't be too worried about them being hidden afterwards if you don't find them after deleteing the temps. if it could hide you wouldn't have found it in the first place.