AVG Anti-Virus NEWS

GRISOFT and Ewido Networks

GRISOFT announced the acquisition of Ewido Networks in April this year. This new partnership expands GRISOFT's AVG antivirus and firewall offerings to include comprehensive malware protection against rapidly growing threats like spyware, adware, dialers, keyloggers, trojans and worms. To find out more about Ewido's state-of-the-art technology with easy to use interface click here.

May 25, 2006

First Beta of ewido anti-malware 4.0 released

The first beta version of the upcoming ewido anti-malware 4.0 is now available for public testing. The new version features a completely revised interface as well as many new and requested features like an ignore list and a scheduler. Click here to register and download the beta of ewido anti-malware.

April 26, 2006

The Latest MS Word Security Exploit Thwarted by AVG Anti-Virus

By keeping your AVG virus database regularly updated, you can be sure you have nothing to fear from the latest security hole in the Microsoft Word application! This security exploit enables a specially modified file that is disguised as an e-mail attachment with a Word document to start some arbitrary code that can cause serious damage to your computer. Get more information and protection against the MS Word exploit.

May 23, 2006

http://www.grisoft.com/doc/1

I thought I read that Ewido was gone, so I thought this might be interesting.[/color]

This is what I found. I don't use their firewall for the free edition. But if I was going to do the pay part, which seems fairly reasonable, it would then be included.

"AVG Anti Virus: AVG Plus Firewall Edition

AVG Plus Firewall Edition Maximum antivirus and firewall protection for up to 5 computers 1 license (2 years) (US$ 48.95) 2 licenses (2 years) (US$ 79.95) 5 licenses (2 years) (US$ 149.95) ... "

http://www.grisoft.com/doc/mhform

I hope that answered the question just- .