Database Admin

jamaicarocks

Wuz up,

My company wants me to have MCDBA .........but the hardest part to me is Transact Sql Language .......Is there any MCDBA's here who can say if you would need to know this language indepth to function in the real world as a Database Admin,,,because sql 2000 has basically everything as a template or wizard

Thank you

the entire point of being certified in something is so that if it blows up.. you can remake/recover/fix without the use of the original system or limited access.. Basically you should be able to take a computer and do everything with out using a IDE, intergrated design environment, or any automation.

the reason your company wants you certified is that the secretary can use the wizards. but if something breaks in the database and they have to have somebody to root around in the database without being able to use any fancy automations, tools or scripts they want to know that you are up to the task.

........OK....but automation is there to make life easier in whatever aspect of computing ur doing................are u a DBA ?

I am not DBA but have worked with SQL+ and Oraclel 9i a lot..

admin.. one of my classes was to build a test environment for a property development company..  Nothing big and it was a fake company.. but used SQL+, Erwin, and oracle 9i as the platform..  some pretty powerful stuff..