Cell Phone Signal Booster?

wyantm06

Well they're $8.00 for 2 of them and free shipping. I'm not losing any money really though, so I might as well try. I drop service in my room and need a bar or 2 extra.

well your not going to get a extra bar in your room, the only way your getting more bars in your room is if your provider puts a tower closer to you or you get a bigger antenna on your phone.

well your not going to get a extra bar in your room, the only way your getting more bars in your room is if your provider puts a tower closer to you or you get a bigger antenna on your phone.

Well my friend had no service in his room and bought one and it gave him 2 bars. We then tried the same phone of someone elses and had no signal. So it must be proven to work somehow.

Well I wont waste my money, but I have 1 more question. Does a cellphone have any part of signal? I am using a crappy phone the company gave me until I pick up my Razr Monday. Do you think the Razr will get better signal?

ok, yeah, the phone is what defines wether or not you get the signal in strong enough. as for that cellphone booster, (i can't believe they are still peddling the thing, it knocked me off my chair laughing 5 or so years ago and it still has the same design) it is a sticker with some metallic circuit looking thingy attached to it. does it connect in any way to the phone's electronics? no. does it form a parabolic antenna around the phone that you then point at the tower? no. so how in the name of all that is unholy is the damned thing supposed to boost your reception??!?!?!

Give the 8 bucks to a charity - at least then your money may do something good - salavation army or the local pet shelter

tru dat.. boosters are a gimick they don't do shit.  I saw some TV show (it was like Myth Busters or some shit) that proved that they don't do anything.

my best guess is that it's supposed to reduce interference :shrug:

when working at the german telekom i got the boss tyo sign an expense chit for a dozen of the damen things. we then got a bunch of different phones and tested their reception using the onboard diagnostics, not just the bar display. when we called in the cellphone techs with their gear we stuck the things on that too. no improvement, ever. except a negative result if placed just right over the internal antennae of nokia phones. it appeared to cause some reflection if turned just right thereby decreasing signal strength.

transmission strength was also at best worse, battery runtime decreased slightly on those that had degraded signal.

Cell phone atenas are a joke

there made out of plastic how u suppose to pick up a signal with a piece pf plastic?????

i lught when i c ppl stick their antenas out when your talking

that thing works ok on an fm radio

but sucks on a cell phone it did no good

It seems that 5 years ago u would buy any protect and they would trow that in

heck if i would have know i could have gotten $4 i would have save them

i trew so many away and use a few on radios

Works for two way radios 4 some reson

i broken a few they have no wire inside

the real antenea is a chip the antenn is jst decoration

I've broken a few as well, they did have wires.  The chip isn't the antenna either... it processes the signals