Printer Problem

jamaicarocks

Wuz up,

Everything is O.K with my printer when I try installing it on another PC or server .....but when I try installing on the print server it was on originally ,instead of recognizing a new device so I can reinstall it, it just keeps printing the last thing it printed a week ago ...the printer is a hp 3500 ....I deleted all hp 3500 files, uninstalling the software and including restarting the spooler .....but it;s still there (as I plug in the printer in the USB port it just starts printing a week ago's work)

What can I do to solve this?

Thank you!

Try removing all references to the printer in your registry. Then re-boot again, without the printer being connected to the computer. Then re-install the software and wait for the software to prompt for you to connect it back up. How many printers are connected to this print server and are any of them similar or same model? Are you utilizing the print pooling option?

Only had to go that route (Registry) once before, but it was because of a corrupt install of the software that would not allow an uninstall. But I know it will remove the ability for that particular printer to use the spooler, and may correct the problem. Have to admit I have not seen this problem before and would really like to know what does eventually fix it. I work in the field and support about 1500 users, sure it will happen one day.

Actually, your the man. Tinkering with the Registry is not for novices. Since your computer still works, you obviously know your way around it. Congratulations on your success. I actually didn't even want to suggest the registry cure for fear it would go terribly wrong.