IP Address Conflict

Having exhausted my brain trying to figure this one, out, I'm turning to the pros for advice.

Yesterday my wireless internet quit on me on my PC. I'm on a network with two PCs and my laptop, using a D-Link router and adaptor. My PC still attempts to connect to the internet, but always stalls at "Acquiring Network Address", occasionally showing itself as connected with limited or no connectivity. The wireless signal is strong and obviously coming through, and my internet is not affected on any of the other computers. When I check the details of the connection, it always say my IP Address is 0.0.0.0, which I'm pretty sure might be the source of the problem. It was always happy automatically connecting before, and I'm not really sure how to manually set up an IP address properly. When I tried IPConfig /release and /renew, it said something about the DHCP client not being able to assign a new IP.

Confused? Yes, I am. Anyone have suggestions?

If the winsock file is corrupted or damaged you can have this exact problem, look at Microsoft Knowledge Base for a patch that corrects this problem, you may also want to search google for "limited or no connectivity", it also ends up for a non MS patch.

I would suggest against using a static IP.  It makes it harder to troubleshoot an intermittent or ongoing connectivity issue.  For simplicity's sake, turn off all security on your router (WEP, MAC filtering, etc) to troubleshoot this issue.