Comcast

I work for Comcast. What I have been told by my superiors is that the "powerburst" as Comcast wil call it will be a sort of button that you push that will open your modem config file wide open. So of course if you do this when there is a lot of congestion then you will not see as much of a change than if there is less. No doubt there will be a limit to the amount of time you use the "powerburst" but what I have been told is this is mainly for if you have a large download and want to get it faster then you use the "powerburst". It won't open your connection wide all day.

I work for Comcast. What I have been told by my superiors is that the "powerburst" as Comcast wil call it will be a sort of button that you push that will open your modem config file wide open. So of course if you do this when there is a lot of congestion then you will not see as much of a change than if there is less. No doubt there will be a limit to the amount of time you use the "powerburst" but what I have been told is this is mainly for if you have a large download and want to get it faster then you use the "powerburst". It won't open your connection wide all day.

wait so it is temperary uncapping of the modem?

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 15072 Kbps about 15.07 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1840 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 2)Test Time:: 2006/06/07 - 7:53pm

Bottom Line:: 263X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.56 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 6.609 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 195.94 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-6HCLP2Z3N

Host Average:: host:comcast.net dl-avg:5093Kbps

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) [!]

jimmyphobe, does downloading the 12160 test,or taking the test  be considered downloading a large file? because i have seen a dramatic increase in speed no matter what iam loading,i noticed everything loading twice as fast and that made me take a test,then i saw it was like 16-17 now more like 15-16 the past few hours.it seems like mine is "boosted" all the time.why the "button" its on always all the time now anyway,leave it on

i had no notice, not by mail,or e-mail,or any indication even this site,untill a couple of weeks ago i saw a few posts about increase or boost it just happened. and i live in south east connecticut

i had no notice, not by mail,or e-mail,or any indication even this site,untill a couple of weeks ago i saw a few posts about increase or boost it just happened. and i live in south east connecticut

i guess you are one of the lucky ones

By BetaNews Staff, BetaNews

June 2, 2006

Cable provider Comcast plans to roll out a new feature starting in New England that will double the speed of customer downloads from 6Mbps and 8Mbps to 12Mbps and 16Mbps. The PowerBoost feature is expected to roll out to the rest of Comcast

guys can you just make this clear for me

Comcast is still providing internet only via CABLE company (coax cable ).

not fiber right ?

and this new speed with powerboost

does any one know more about the technology how are they doing this?