My fastest speed before my latest post ....lol!

The Reverend

i surely feel your pain man... i lived out in the boonies for about 5 months. i moved from having DSL to going to 56k and left all my multiplayer game thats i love behind me. cause i couldnt play them with 56k :(... so i was stuck with 28k down for 5 months. i finally moved 5 hours away to mississippi. and now i have Cable one 3000/300. These Phone company and Cable company this year are supose to be gettin more money. so im hopeing they give those people that dont have DSL or Cable. give it to them. hehe. good luck man

Avertised Direcway SPeed is tops 500 down. so your getting over 1meg is great hehe

Last time I heard it used (besides myself) was in the movie Alien ...that Marine pilot chick flying the craft from a "drop" into a free fall then pulled out at the last moment ....I remember she said "5x5" ...then the monster ate her.  Think she said, "We are in the chute and 5 by 5."  That's an ooold military lingo there.  I don't remember when I started using it or where I first heard it!

Stay Cool Microwave!

"The Rev"

the term 5 by 5 has it's oots in the 3 letter abbreviations used for communicating via morse code.

int zbz

for example would be request/query (int) signal quality (zbz)

there is lso a breakdown of that, the codes elude me atm, where one is signal strength, the other clarity, both on a scale of 1 (crud) to 5 (sweet).

hence 5 by 5, signal strength and clarity good.

not to mention that the lack of a reply if you're a one is a reply all in itself.

US Military was getting far too much dependent upon machines and didn't have beans left for manpower when it came down to "raw" training.  It was getting kinda scarey seeing the new blood coming in TOTALLY unprepared for anything ..and so the mortality rate went through the roof, like with Iraq.  90% of those deaths are needless!  Regular serviceman or special warefare ...there is  no excuse for the high rate of loss, but nothing is being done nor will ever be done about it as long as there are enough to keep sending over to be warm, moving targets.  You'd think they'd wake up and 'dig in' ...but it ain't happening.  You have officers with zero years leading E3's that have never fired ONE round at a person.  THAT is scarey....

The Reverend

check out these speeds ,i dont know if there correct. but i like it anyway.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 2791 Kbps about 2.8 Mbps (tested with 579 KB)

Download Speed is:: 341 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 50 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 3 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=U9BV827WL