Some Help On Razr Phone

wyantm06

Ok I got my razr phone today, and I have the data cable. But does anyone know if I can transfer like an mp3 clip from my PC to the phone to use as a ringtone or what? Btw if someone could help me find a driver for the data transfer cable that would be awesome. When I googled it, they all were messed up.

sorry i cant help you but also wondering

does any one know how to xfer the contacts from nokia to motorola or sony erickson ?

You cant.  2 completely different interfaces. Actually theirs only 1 way to do it.. and thats manually :-

did u not get any software with the data cable..... you can do it because RAZR plays MP3's im not sure if u can use as ringtone but it does play them......

Try

Oxygen Phone Manager

Mobile Phone Tools

Mobile Master

There is some i cant think off will update when i remember them.....

Hope this helps

DannyBoy

Ok I got my razr phone today, and I have the data cable. But does anyone know if I can transfer like an mp3 clip from my PC to the phone to use as a ringtone or what? Btw if someone could help me find a driver for the data transfer cable that would be awesome. When I googled it, they all were messed up.

Until you get the data cable working, you can try the following website. You will need to sign up for an account and confirm the phone is yours by entering the confirmation number sent to the registered mobile device.

The "Public Gallery" from the left navigation panel allows you to search for and transfer free ringtones, wallpapers, etc. directly to your phone without the need of the cable. It comes in the form of a text message with instructions on how to download the file. The site also has pay stuff.

http://www.funformobile.com/

It's a great site, but I have my own solution below.

The main way I like to send ringtones to my phone is through a program titled "Xingtone Ringtone Maker". It gives you the ability to open, cut, trim, fade, etc. any .mp3, cd audio, .wma, .wav to your liking and send it directly to your phone. There is a one time fee of $19.95 for the app. In return, you get unlimited use of their servers which your custom ringtone gets uploaded to before texting you the download link.

Check out the demo here: Xingtone Ringtone Maker Demo

Main site here: Xingtone Ringtone Maker

Make your own personal ringtones!

• Don't pay for music you already own!
  • Don't get locked into paying subscription fees ever!
  • Use any of your favorite audio - even record your own!
  • Use your CDs or MP3, WAV, WMA, etc.
  • 3 easy steps - choose it, groove it, and move it!

Drivers for the Razr (V3/V3C) are attached.

Instructions are listed as (not my own words):

1. Download the driver unzip to a folder (feel free to scan im not evil)

2. Plug in phone with mini usb cable too computer Usb port.

3. Will auto detect and ask for drivers

4. Point install to folder and let it do its thing.

5. These drivers are also for p2k program (for hacking) but thats for another time.

6. Your phone will now charge with a cheap mini USb cord you can get for 5 bucks at frys.

You will need the software that comes bundled with the cable.If you only have the cable then you can try to get the software off Limewire by putting in "Motorola Phone Tools" in the search box.The software company that makes it is at bvrp.com if you'd like to see what the software can do.But yes,the software has a ringtone editor and you can create a ringtone from any sound file.

Heres one software ive know for a while ive never used it. There kinda high  http://www.susteen.com/  Theres one more i used before it worked real well on my samsung. I haft to get back with you on that