Vista Beta 2 to be public today!

dlewis23

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recommend:

Symantec's Norton Partition Magic 8.0 (PowerQuest version if possible)

Acronis Disk Director Suite

Paragon Partition Manager 7.0

Either of the above programs will work just fine. :)

Note: I didn't see a trial for Norton's solution on their site, but it may be offered somewhere else.

Acronis & Paragon does offer a free trial on the product page.

I HIGHLY recommend PartitionMagic by PowerQuest (before Symantec)! I believe 8.0 was the last release before Symantec, PM me if you need.

TheHalf

Guest Kilroy44

Any suggestions to get compatible HP Photosmart 7760 drivers for Vista?

I cant find my cd and the ones  i download from the site dont work

Also half my MP3s dont work? Anyone know why?

Any suggestions to get compatible HP Photosmart 7760 drivers for Vista?

I cant find my cd and the ones  i download from the site dont work

Also half my MP3s dont work? Anyone know why?

Not sure on the drivers, but you will need codecs.

Download/Install Kazaa Lite Codec Pack: K-Lite Codec Pack 2.72 Full

Note: I would only make Media Player Classic the default player of Matroska & QuickTime formats.

dont really remember the message, but there is a dlm file on my desktop that is 4.01GB so maybe it did finish, not sure though. if decide to download again and the message comes up ill post a screen shot, the servers are busy again so i guess ill have to try later.

would i have to completely reformat my harddrive, for this windows vista. probley so. stupid question i no but yea just making sure.

no you can do a upgrade and it will go over xp.  Or you can do a clean install and in that case it would format.

Ok, i have windows xp installed on my C, and vista on my D, so can i just delete the vista files or is there a way to uninstall it? its not in add remove programs.

you would have to reformat the drive. the problem that i had was the boot loader that it installs got all messed up when i removed the second HD that had vista on it.

you would have to reformat the drive. the problem that i had was the boot loader that it installs got all messed up when i removed the second HD that had vista on it.

Yeah dlewis23, Vista has completely different boot loader than XP. You can't just simply edit the "boot.ini" file anymore. You'll need to run "BCDEDIT.exe" from a command prompt (see pic) to edit the boot options.

Run it as "BCDEDIT.exe /?" to get the full details on how to command it properly.

Other thoughts:

Startup and Recovery still works for changing the boot order, but because the "Edit" button is no longer there, users can't remove or change any of the boot listings unless he/she uses BCDEDIT.exe.

if and when you remove windows vista beta, you can also just insert your windows CD, and go to the recovery console and do "fixboot" and that will remove the vista boot loader, and make a new master boot record, so that it will just boot windows.

I finally got Vista installed using DAMON tools since i was having DVD trouble. Dual boot works just fine. I seem to be having trouble connecting wirelessly though cause wireless networks doesnt show up.  I'll try and get some screenshots up later.

Is it a driver problem? Or just having troubles connecting to networks?