How would you like to run upon this big bad bear???

tstillery

This is incredible!!!!!

Got any hunting trips planned for Alaska???........

Read the article under the 2nd photo below:  Enough to scare the heck out of you.These pictures are of a man who works for the US Fo rest S ervice in Alaska, and his trophy bear.

He was deer hunting last week when the large grizzly charged him from about 50 yards away.  The guy emptied his 7mm Magnum semi-automatic rifle into the bear and it dropped a few feet from him.  The big bear was still alive so the hunter reloaded and shot it several times in the head.

The bear was just over one thousand six hundred pounds.  It stood 12' 6" high at the shoulder, 14' to the top of his head.  It is the largest grizzly bear ever recorded in the world.

The Alaska Fish and Wildlife Commission did not let him keep it as a trophy, of course; but the bear will be stuffed and mounted, and placed on display at the Anchorage airport to remind tourists of the risks involved in the wild.

Analyzing contents of the bears stomac h, the Fish and Wildlife Commission established the bear had killed at least two humans in the past 72 hours, including a hiker missing two days prior to the bear's own death.

Backtracking from where the bear had originated, the US Forest Service found the hiker's emptied 38-caliber pistol.  Not far from the pistol was the remains of the hiker.  The other body has not been found.

Although the hiker fired six shots and managed to hit the grizzly with four (that the Service ultimately retrieved, along with twelve 7mm slugs, inside the bear's body), it only wounded the bear and probably angered it immensely. 

Think about this :

If you are an average size man, you would be level with the bear's navel when he stood upright.  The bear would look you in the eye when it walked on all fours!  To give additional perspective, this bear, standing on its hind legs, could walk up to an average single story house and look over the roof; or stand beside a two story house and look in the upper bedroom windows

tstillery      :evil6:

tonyswhirl  Thanks for the link its good to know the  truth about the story i guess it shows you cant believe everything you read i will pass the link on to my friend that emailed the story

again Thanks for link

tstillery  :evil6:

tonyswhirl  Thanks for the link its good to know the  truth about the story i guess it shows you cant believe everything you read i will pass the link on to my friend that emailed the story

again Thanks for link

tstillery  :evil6:

You are welcome - I sometimes check the urban legends with truthorfiction - but I stopped correcting my friends, I dont want them to think that I check everything they send, they are much happier when they believe what they read!!!!

flight attendants on flights to alaska have started handing out pamphlets to passengers cautioning about bear attacks.

they advise tourists that are going to travel the wild to wear small bells on their clothing to announce their presence. this is to make sure a bear is not startled by them but has ample warning to keep itself hidden from the tourist. pepper spray is also recommended as a last resort defense against a bear attack. since grizzly bears are much more dangerous than the more docile black bear it is recommended that tourists learn to distinguish between the two. this includes learning to identify their tracks and feces. black bear feces will contain mostly seeds from berries and other fruit while grizzly bear feces will contain seeds, bits of squirrel fur and often small bells and cans of pepper spray.

I was only approached by a bear once and it was in Murphy,  N.C.  It was a black bear and it approached our cabinthat we were staying in on vacation.  I was only 6 years old and i can only remeber so much but i do have a pic of it.  It was a pretty scary moment

flight attendants on flights to alaska have started handing out pamphlets to passengers cautioning about bear attacks.

they advise tourists that are going to travel the wild to wear small bells on their clothing to announce their presence. this is to make sure a bear is not startled by them but has ample warning to keep itself hidden from the tourist. pepper spray is also recommended as a last resort defense against a bear attack. since grizzly bears are much more dangerous than the more docile black bear it is recommended that tourists learn to distinguish between the two. this includes learning to identify their tracks and feces. black bear feces will contain mostly seeds from berries and other fruit while grizzly bear feces will contain seeds, bits of squirrel fur and often small bells and cans of pepper spray.

:lol:

i honestly dont think that pepper spray will save my life if i am approached by a grizzly bear. 

lol...

I laugh because most folks here tonite wont catch that. ;)

i got this same article and pics in an email a couple of years ago...

pretty un-nerving...but very sad that he made it that far in his life only to be taken down by a man invading his home...home invasion...we need to stay outta the homes of wild animals and then they'll have no reason to attack us...stick to campgrounds...

yeh ima treehugger...