Firefox Safe...........NOT!

MYRIAGON

Guest philp

Internet Explorer all day long.

Can't say I've had any problems with IE either. FF's icons look too much like cartoons for my taste.  :roll:

When you have the #1 spot, getting targeted with hate far more frequently just comes with the territory.

Absolutely. But now that FF is growing in popularity, hackers have more reasons to look for security flaws. It wouldn't be fun for them to attack 2% of the PC users worldwide and leave the 98% who use IE alone. (Actual numbers exaggerated for effect. YMMV.)

And to Sco77 who said,  "Well saying that Firefox is noticeably slower is just a ridiculous comment...", I have posted my speed differences several times. For me, Firefox is noticeably slower when I run speed tests on this site. As much as 500 k slower on DL tests. Once again, YMMV.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well saying that Firefox is noticeably slower is just a ridiculous comment...

Now that is a ridiculous comment!

I don't need to prove I am not lying. I have much better things to do than lie about a silly things like browsers. Get real, if you will notice I stated that different browsers work for different folks. I feel sorry for your total dedication to FF. You should be more open minded Sco77!  :mrgreen:

Hi Guys

Maxthon works for me, it uses the i.e engine, but has tabs and and good set up options  but is it safe , I doubt it, same as no browser can be safe totally, ,

I just reckon use the one you are comfortable with,

I have tried IE7 beta, Firefox etc ,

Firefox faster, slower, that would take a lot of testing to prove,

if the program is difficult to use, or new to you, I reckon that is where the speed is lost , IMHO

I got plished by a look alike Paypal last month , nearly fell for it,

but noticed the address was USA not my normal UK, yes I got the Padlock symbol for secure ,

I'm actually not surprised to hear about this. I knew that Firefox was "too good to be true" and in reality just about any software will always have its issues. I do use Firefox from time to time, sometimes I switch to Opera, and depending on the site I might end up using IE. I look forward to the future versions of the aforementioned browsers though; it shouldn't be too long till we see something like Firefox 2.0 or Opera 9 or IE 7. :)

Internet Explorer all day long.

Any browser can be exploited/attacked. Your system's security applications make the biggest difference.

Firefox isn't any more safe than IE6 SP2/IE7. It has been hit hard on several occasions and many articles have been written on its flaws as well. Internet Explorer is a massive fish in a very small pond, and it'll continue to be that way as long as Microsoft keeps stomping out the competition.

When you have the #1 spot, getting targeted with hate far more frequently just comes with the territory.

It seems that more than half the people who announce how much they despise IE/M$ don't even know why themselves. They just decided to jump on the anti-Microsoft bandwagon. Some people claim to know the code of the browser while others just carry on about ineffectual nonsense.

Like resopalrabotnick stated, "Switch because you like the features of another browser."

I'm not anti-Microsoft or even anti-IE. I just go where the best product is. My only problem with Firefox is that it's too slow on my computer, but that's simply because I don't even have 400MB of RAM. IE, on the other hand, when it loads a webpage, it always give me 2 new blank pages and an error message and on the third new page is the website. I don't know why but it just does. And the IE7b installer always messes up at the very end and tells me it failed to install. Same with the IE6 installer. Screw that- I replaced IE with Opera. Opera's basically a hybrid of IE and Firefox.

Now let's be honest. IE only has the top spot simply because it comes pre-installed on almost every new computer sold. People generally just stick to what was on their computers. If Firefox had that kind of advantage, then nobody would want IE. It's like Mac vs. Windows. Everything (including the bulk of viruses) are targeted to Windows and IE simply because they're #1 as you pointed out. That's why those retarded Mac commercials make no sense:

PC Guy: "Oh, man, I think I'm coming down with something. Over 114,000 new viruses were written for Windows just last year."

Mac Guy: "Yeah, Macs don't get viruses."

That's retarded. Do Macs avoid viruses because they have better protection or software? No. It's because no one cares enough to design viruses for Macs.

Pretty much the same with Firefox- fewer viruses, yet it does have better protection.

I'm not anti-Microsoft or even anti-IE. I just go where the best product is. My only problem with Firefox is that it's too slow on my computer, but that's simply because I don't even have 400MB of RAM. IE, on the other hand, when it loads a webpage, it always give me 2 new blank pages and an error message and on the third new page is the website. I don't know why but it just does. And the IE7b installer always messes up at the very end and tells me it failed to install. Same with the IE6 installer. Screw that- I replaced IE with Opera. Opera's basically a hybrid of IE and Firefox.

Now let's be honest. IE only has the top spot simply because it comes pre-installed on almost every new computer sold. People generally just stick to what was on their computers. If Firefox had that kind of advantage, then nobody would want IE. It's like Mac vs. Windows. Everything (including the bulk of viruses) are targeted to Windows and IE simply because they're #1 as you pointed out. That's why those retarded Mac commercials make no sense:

PC Guy: "Oh, man, I think I'm coming down with something. Over 114,000 new viruses were written for Windows just last year."

Mac Guy: "Yeah, Macs don't get viruses."

That's retarded. Do Macs avoid viruses because they have better protection or software? No. It's because no one cares enough to design viruses for Macs.

Pretty much the same with Firefox- fewer viruses, yet it does have better protection.

Yeah,the average person could careless about what browser they use

"It seems that more than half the people who announce how much they despise IE/M$ don't even know why themselves. They just decided to jump on the anti-Microsoft bandwagon. Some people claim to know the code of the browser while others just carry on about ineffectual nonsense."

This demeans anyone who has an opinion opposite of yours - it implies they got up one morning and just decieded to hate ms - the same can be said of anyone who likes ms - how pathetic

I will just start with only 3 reasons I hate them

1 --- a blanket federal court forcing ebay to cancel any auction they deem selling pirate software - the innocent guilty until proven other wise - they did this to me and when i proved them wrong they would not even offer an apology

2 -- the pc software world world would be 15 years ahead of where it in now if gates never existed

3 -- ie - with all the resources ms has you think they could do better then the garbage product ie is - ff and opera offer a better product with virtually no resources

Ford Trucks for real work!  ;)

Chevy for cadillacing around.

On a quiet night you can hear a chevy rust.

I only drive Ford, and mostly work on others chevy's. True.

*as he ducks the bullets*

Used to be all 4X4's and 3/4 tons had dodge 3rd members. That will start a fight at any redneck party.  :laughing7:

(dana's)

Almost forgot! First On Race Day!  :lol:

Ford Trucks for real work! ;)

Chevy for cadillacing around.

On a quiet night you can hear a chevy rust.

I only drive Ford, and mostly work on others chevy's. True.

*as he ducks the bullets*

Used to be all 4X4's and 3/4 tons had dodge 3rd members. That will start a fight at any redneck party. :laughing7:

(dana's)

Almost forgot! First On Race Day! :lol:

T G i agree with you about the Ford trucks for real work they can handle it so can the chevy's you just dont want to ding up the Chevy...lol and what the is up with the Toyota and Honda wanting to play with the big boy's ....lol thats un-American to buy a jap TRUCK

Found On Road Dead

i drive a Doge now and i hate it waiting on Chevy to change body style well i hope they do i think it will be later this year

Sorry guys didnt mean to dereal this thread

jk yes i did :haha:

hey daycheck welcome to the forum good to have you aboard and very nice ride

tstillery :evil6: