Dialup.cc rocks!

tomwalker

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free dial-up is still available.  :grin2:

Yea I think netzero still does it for under 10 hrs per month....of course you can never connect to any of their "free" modems.....but its still free....oh and how could I forget...you don't get their "turbo" dialup (almost like broadband speed) on the free access.... :2funny:

There are some others, and some charge only if you need tech support.

But it is still available.  And brandband is also so debately as to it's actual definition. I believe dial-is actually considered broadband. As this forum was not supposed to include dial-up. Then they decided it is also a brandband.  :wink2:

There are some others, and some charge only if you need tech support.

But it is still available.  And brandband is also so debately as to it's actual definition. I believe dial-is actually considered broadband. As this forum was not supposed to include dial-up. Then they decided it is also a brandband.  :wink2:

Oh my god we could have a total debate on that issue alone....no...I won't...I can't.....NOOOOooooooo

• 3 months later...

Well, I use dial up because I live in an area where I do not get cell phone reception, no cable, no DSL, and certainly will not pay for sattelite. So for 14.95 a month with unlimited time, I can not complain. I wish I could game though...

kylehassler,

A welcome from me as well.  :hello:

I know what you mean about the no cable, no DSL. I had free dial-up a number of years back with Bell Atlantic. They had a special in N.Y.S. if you get one of 2 longest plans (300 & 500 minutes) your internet service was free. I got the 300 for $24.95. month. I lost my phone service a couple of years after Verizon took over, no repairs, but I already had 2-way Sat by then. I would say many here have had dial-up and know how to get to most out of it. Feel free with your questions, of any sort and welcome again.  :smiley:

Thank you for the welcome,

I am new to many of the deep down functions of the computer world, but am slowly learning. I appreciate sites like these that have people helping people, because we can.I am currently running (dual boot) both Xandros and Windows Pro on a Dell XPS with two 3.2GHz pentium chips, two Gigs of memory, ATI Radeon 9550 video card,  Creative Labs sound and blah blah blah... I am hoping to learn more on how to control my Linux boot more. I like the challenge of making things work or for that matter, what makes things work.

I thank you for the comments, only for I can fell for dial up users. I play UO because I can, meaning it's the only one that my dial up can handle. I wouldn't mind being able to try some of them new ones.

Kyle

• 4 months later...

you ppl in us are so lucky i pay 130TT which is equivalent to 25Us for dialup(56k). and my download speeds is 3kb/s and sometimes 4kb/s. and dsl here is like 400TT which is somewhere 65US. the download speeds are like 30kb/s

only if they live in a big US city. The rest of us have to use more expensive alternatives.  :smiley:

you ppl in us are so lucky i pay 130TT which is equivalent to 25Us for dialup(56k). and my download speeds is 3kb/s and sometimes 4kb/s. and dsl here is like 400TT which is somewhere 65US. the download speeds are like 30kb/s

Yes we are lucky . It's just we have been accustomed to getting what we want , when we want it, therefore we demand , as a culture , in so many unspoken terms, that we get these prices. We do however, feel these prices are way to high for the service we get. Imagine that.

I think the FIOS customers are the most spoiled.  :grin:

I would have to agree, of course , I am a bit biased .

BTW , is the new server online? because my connection here is much better, and my speed here proves it !..................and , the time was 12  hours off  lol

I would have to agree, of course , I am a bit biased .

BTW , is the new server online? because my connection here is much better, and my speed here proves it !..................and , the time was 12  hours off  lol

Ive notied its running better :smiley: