MS Office Beta

love it.

threw it onto a 2.53 celeron with 256 megs of ram (the minimum) and xp home yesterday. full install with office pro and visio pro was >2 gigs. even with the min mem, apps launch fast. real fast. in fact a /lot/ faster than open office. which i found highly surprising, i was expecting performance to be a little sluggish due to memory.

the new look is nice, seems like it won't take long to get used to.

i can only recommend it to take a look at.

and oh, yeah, the export as pdf with active content is included. i can understand why adobe had a shit fit. if i can save my docs with hyperlinks etc. as a pdf what in hell do i need acrobat for anymore?

I ordered the Beta 2 Kit 2007 not to long ago and it came via USPS with 4 cd's (1 Program Disk and 3 Server Disk (SharePoint Server, Groove Server and Project Server)).

I haven't had the time to install but I am looking forward to. I know I need to install soon as it expires 2.1.2007, I need to hurry.

TheHalf