Trying to cancel AOL MP3 Recording

dlewis23

Well, I can't dispute on this one coz it happened to my friend exactly the same way. I was listening to the phone while he was talking to the customer service of AOL and she was trying to convince my friend not to cancel the account. And even if my friend will cancel the account, and his sons will access (which is just the secondary account), the primary account will automatically reactivated. HOW THE HELL CAN THIS BE POSSIBLE??? If you are the primary account, and once you cancel it, the secondary account should have no authority to reactivate it. THAT'S HOW STUPID AND IDIOTIC THE SERVICE OF AOL.. And AOL is trying to advertise their "HIGH SPEED CONNECTION", DON'T BE DECEIVED BY THIS ADVERTISEMENT, it is not true that they have a high speed connection. Their what they call "high speed connection" is only good if you have an existing broadband (DSL or cable modem) internet.But they still have the balls to charge you more than $10 bucks for their service. What the heck is their service if you already have an existing internet connection???

check out this webpage where they advertise their AOL HIGH SPEED for as low as $25.90 a month. Check for the details especially on the part which says "Now get AOL High Speed - it's not just faster dial-up, - it's true broadband - powered by a DSL or Cable connection.

There, from the statement "...powered by a DSL or Cable connection", you MUST have an existing high speed internet for the "AOL HIGH SPEED INTERNET" to work. Isn't this ridiculous??? Judge it for yourself.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I just only wanted to share how horrible it is to be with AOL as what Tommy says "A O Hell". LOL. Hope we can share this to other people how isn't aware about AOL yet. And there's one thing. if you install any AOL software, it slows down your computer SIGNIFICANTLY. Try uninstalling it and you will notice the processing speed of your computer, it will feel like brand new again.. haha.

I saved the audio conversation of DLewis23 to show to another friend of mine who has an AOL account. We tried to convince her that AOL is just a piece of crap. But she is a die hard fan of AOL coz she has it for almost 10 years now. She only has dial up but still paying about 25 bucks a month. LOL. And hope that If we can convince her to cancel her account, I would love to record itand share it with you guys...

But one thing though, I don't know how to record the phone conversation into the computer unless if I have a tape recorder or something that will record their conversation through speaker phone. Any ideas on how to do it? (Gosh, I am so bad and very anti AOL, LOL)

Did Someone Say that AOL sucks????? I had Aol for Dsl at a time.. This is when the phone company allowed you to get internet service from any carrier and allowed you to use the DSL signal being broadcast over your telephone line. Not to say many telco companys don't do this anymore because it's uterly ridiculous. I paid $59.99 to Aol every month for a bull 768K speed that always dropped... Why pay them the extra money when I can get Dsl from my Local Company (SBC), for $24.99? SBC even said this!!!!! "Your still using our lines, Their leasing our signal, and up-charging you." F%ck Aol.!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, my friend called AOL to get some information about the AOL broadband which they claim, they have a broadband connection. You should listen carefully on the conversation on what really is the AOL broadband connection. It's a SCAM! They are trying to mislead people to signing up AOL.

Here is the link for the conversation. http://uploadingit.com/uploader/files/641/aolbroadbandinquiry.mp3

Hey guys, my friend called AOL to get some information about the AOL broadband which they claim, they have a broadband connection. You should listen carefully on the conversation on what really is the AOL broadband connection. It's a SCAM! They are trying to mislead people to signing up AOL.

Here is the link for the conversation. http://uploadingit.com/uploader/files/641/aolbroadbandinquiry.mp3

that guy has got one of the thickest accent ever. and he is almost impossable to understand. but that is such a scam it comes out to be like $70 a month what a rip.

i've never had, wanted or considered aol and they send me trial discs. lol.

the nbc interview shows again how biased reporters are whn it comes to their stories. vince tells the aol dude that he is annoying the fuck out of him. does nbc mention this? no. instead they ask him how he stayed so polite. but to tell the truth the aol guy was obnoxious in trying to keep the account (his job) and didn't get really nasty until he was told that.

no, i don't think that aols policy regarding customer retention and account reactivation if you as much as log on by mistake is right but the call center drone /was/ just doing his job.

to be honest i think aol can say he is no longer with the company because he never was. he was probably part of an outsourced 3rd party callcenter and never worked for aol. so they can say he doesn't anymore.

another thing is the legality issue. the callcenter states that the calls may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance. but if vincent ferrari did not inform the aol guy he was also recording then he has made himself punishable by law since it is illegal to tape a convo without informing the other party. consent is implied after the notice is given.

edit: my bad, it is legal in most states to record without other paries consent.

http://www.callcorder.com/phone-recording-law-us.htm

Federal and State Laws

The U.S. federal law allows recording of phone calls and other electronic communications with the consent of at least one party to the call. A majority of the states and territories have adopted wiretapping statutes based on the federal law, although most have also extended the law to cover in-person conversations. 38 states and the D.C. permit recording telephone conversations to which they are a party without informing the other parties that they are doing so.

12 states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation. Those jurisdictions are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.

It is illegal under all jurisdictions to record calls in which one is not a party.