I can't get rid of pop up blocker!

Randon

In the last month or so, I now have this pop up blocker from explorer that I can not seem to get rid of.  It won't even let me open attachements on my e-mails! A few months ago I had tried to install the service pack II from explorer, but I don't think my system was set up for it....so I assumed it didn't install.  When I google to try to figure out how to get rid of pop up blocker, it keeps sending me to the service pack II.  The only instructions I can find is tools>internet options>, then I don't know where to go from there.  Any ideas? 

it shows up down at the bottom of the sceen, with the "explorer" square down there..and says "a pop up window has been blocked".  When I try to click on that square, or on the sentence, it goes away...unable to click on.  (my yahoo bar on top sometimes does that, and I can click on it and hit "allow temporary pop ups from this site"....this one isnt' like that.  I think it has something with the service pack II that I tried to install...just can't figure out how to get rid of it....