building new system

fred

and as usual i'm going to repeat my usual advice:

if you can get a system with the hardware you want at a major box retailer like dell then by all means do so. the prices are great, service is good (for all us butterfingers out there, that 3 yr worry free plan sounds very nice. destroyed a laptop screen and had it replaced next day)

also consider the software licenses you get. the works you get thrown in for free with the box makes you eligible to upgrade to a full office. saves big bucks when you compare those prices.

and leaving the old box complete to run as a second comp or selling it on e-bay isn't bad either.

• 2 weeks later...

:DWell guy's it took longer to get back to ya'll than it did to buy,build troubleshoot and enjoy the system than it did to take a trip to Chicago well anyway the bottom line was $127.00 for the mobo which was an ECS (elitecomputer group) which was also the last system that I had, and it is a PT800CE-A with a 800 FSB speed I really liked that. It has the VIA chip system,8237 with all the intergrated sound and lan it has a really neat display adapter that was included with the mob @ no extra cost!! now comes the memory which is the Dr variety@ 1 gig @ about $219.00 had to have the power for the speed and it is really nice system for $346.00.  Me thinks that I did all right for the price don't know but suspect that this also helped increase my D/L speeds tell me what you guy's think about the cost and the d/l stat's

Thanks for all of your help

Fred

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 2632 Kbps about 2.63 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 321 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/07/04 - 8:13am

Bottom Line:: 46X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 3.19 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 9.312 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Looks Great : 13.35 % faster than the average for host (60.63)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-T3OGB1FSI

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) [!]