Police don't have to knock, justices say

water

Shugar - I already provided you with multiple links that have been overturned in a court of law. I believe that would prove that SOME of these are instituted illegally, and that is my fear. I would come out clean, no worries, but I STILL would have to be subjected to the trauma as well as my 7 year old daughter... and my three sons all under the age of 12...

is that ok?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shug - we could argue all night - it does not end with this - up the road cops actually planted drugs on a drug dealer (no joke) so the drug dealer pleads guilty cause after all he is a drug dealer - he is in jail and the fbi finds out the cops plant drugs so guess what - he gets out and 3 cops are doing two years each for planting drugs on a drug dealer. It just does not end. Hope it dont happen to you is all - they are nothing but thugs with badges. I got a friend who got a cop on tape stealing from his business at night and yes I can give you links. I grew up in a middle class white area that respected cops and have come to learn they are just no good - the thing is a cop will defend another cop no matter what he does and that is the flaw

@tonyswirl: you rather despise cops don't you?

Maybe my opinion is just based on the cops I know personally (quite a few btw)

Just this morning I was riding along with one and he got a call to pick up a moron who tried pumping his pregnant girfriend full of morphine.  Do I claim to know all the ins and outs of how the police force operates?  No.  Not to mention it's not the same in every county.

Cops operate in the same fasion my profession does. They are expected to save lives while often times ruining theirs. And then everyone wants to sit back and say how they could have done better. For ever "poor criminal" that was ruffed up there is a story of a good cop who was killed by a criminal because they are affraid to shoot or they might be sued for ONE BILLION DOLLARS. To me you got heroin.. you got a gun.. you got shot by the cops.. oh well.

shug - we could argue all night - it does not end with this - up the road cops actually planted drugs on a drug dealer (no joke) so the drug dealer pleads guilty cause after all he is a drug dealer - he is in jail and the fbi finds out the cops plant drugs so guess what - he gets out and 3 cops are doing two years each for planting drugs on a drug dealer. It just does not end. Hope it dont happen to you is all - they are nothing but thugs with badges. I got a friend who got a cop on tape stealing from his business at night and yes I can give you links. I grew up in a middle class white area that respected cops and have come to learn they are just no good - the thing is a cop will defend another cop no matter what he does and that is the flaw

Oh I never said anything about them being saints. I was eroniously charged with a crime by an asshole cop just a year and a half ago. No lie.. completely MADE UP. But at the same time in my profession there are good and bad, but that doesnt make them all bad. And then the good ones cant do their jobs because people are always judging that know nothing about it. I am a administrative nurse and instead of saving lives and caring for people I spend most of my time making sure that our charts are "law suit proof" and testifying in court because people want a hand out. Thats what I get paid really good money to do.. not save lives (which I am well trained for) but to save money. Thats pathetic.

Shugar - I already provided you with multiple links that have been overturned in a court of law. I believe that would prove that SOME of these are instituted illegally, and that is my fear. I would come out clean, no worries, but I STILL would have to be subjected to the trauma as well as my 7 year old daughter... and my three sons all under the age of 12...

is that ok?

Its America and you are a citizen of course it is ok. I just dont think the chance of you getting in trouble (big trouble really, to need a warrent) is great enough for you to really care if they knock on the door. If they have a warrent, erroneous or not they are comming in, with or without a knock.  ;)

read my post prior to yours - then have a nice evening

regards,

Tony

Already did and I am currently having a great evening thanks. :D Fixing to go out in the back and watch my daughter play on her new jungle gym that I had to go to college to learn how to put together. :haha: And I will water my new grass I planted and the wife will putt around with the flowers. Oh we had a new "sound system" put in the back too. I am digging it. :D You have a good one yourself.

Already did and I am currently having a great evening thanks. :D Fixing to go out in the back and watch my daughter play on her new jungle gym that I had to go to college to learn how to put together. :haha: And I will water my new grass I planted and the wife will putt around with the flowers. Oh we had a new "sound system" put in the back too. I am digging it. :D You have a good one yourself.

:(

'night

I don't want your balls, I want the topic debated, I think it's important and shouldn't be dismissed by sarcasm :(

(I'll get your balls later) :P HI Mrs. Shugar!

I don't want your balls, I want the topic debated, I think it's important and shouldn't be dismissed by sarcasm :(

(I'll get your balls later) :P HI Mrs. Shugar!

WTF.. I was never being sarcastic.. 100% serious. I love nothing more than debate/argue or whatever term you like. :D

All I wanted to raise the topic on is that our basic rights (which this country is founded on) are being dismissed by a group of OLD people (who never once in their lives went to a rave) and that are NOT in tune with the way the world is working now; who are taking advantage of their exalted positions to try to CHAIN us with their beliefs and dismiss our fears. You CAN corrupt out of ignorance!

Is this really what we want? Or do we want the responsibility of raising our children to understand right and wrong and honor and integrity and what that really means?

If you want a police state - there are quite a few overseas... and they need more kids to fight their wars

to be honest shugar, you don't seem like that kind of person to me....

we need to be really honest about where we are going, or we will become that which we have fought against for so long. (And my ex and I were both at the point of fighting for it). To me it matters....

and now I really do have to go - 13 hour days not only suck, they blow, and that ain't easy! :P:haha:

Actually I am more with you than you know. I also try to look at it from a realistic point of view. Americans grip alot about losing their rights but they never do anything about it. I for one don't think it is as bad as it seems. In the grand history of the world America is a speck of dust. It will continue to rise in greatness until corruption overtakes it and a new cycle begins. All the way back to Roman times this has happened over and over and no country has sustained power yet. We would be egotistical to believe we will be the first. I am probably the most patriotic person you have ever met. Pre 911 patriotic too, not one of the post 911 patriot babies. I have and probably will always cry at the national anthem and if no one else removes their hat and covers their heart I will. But I still believe it all runs on a cycle. Lets look at what people most often grip about. Crime, youth, cost of living. This does not change. Never has. People get old and fantasize that when they were young crime was low, youth respected their elders and prices were reasonable. That is not the case. The wild west days saw more starvation, crime and dishonorable youth than ever. This dates back to roman times, all the way up through prohibition times, the 's and to today. There have always been and will be assholes, murderers, rapists, youths will reign terror and disrespect all they can and prices will be to high for the majority of the population. All this doom and gloom didn't start today. It started THOUSANDS of years ago and hasn't changed. IMHO, I have a few good friends, my wonderful family which is all I live for. I try to abide by the bible and treat people good. And God has always taken care of me. Well. Life is what you make it. If you spend your whole life trying to change the system, you'll die with not much joy in your heart. If you live your life knowing there will always be evil but choose to ignore it and have a blast you get much more out of it. Don't get me wrong evil should not go unchecked and if I see a crime I am the first to step in. NOBODY will cuss a woman in front of me EVER. I promise you that, and I would not stand by and let anyone do wrong. But at the end of the day you gotta enjoy life and realize that the world will ALWAYS be far from perfect, and if it ever does become perfect it will only be judged as perfect by the vast minority. Because no matter what the world is everyone thinks "right" and "wrong" are two completely different things. So if you make the world perfect in your eyes it may be hell in mine. I just deal with my problems as they come, help when I can and sit back and THOUROUGHLY ENJOY THE RIDE. I laugh more than anyone you will ever meet. I will die laughing. i will get off my soapbox now.  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Actually I am more with you than you know. I also try to look at it from a realistic point of view. Americans grip alot about losing their rights but they never do anything about it. I for one don't think it is as bad as it seems. In the grand history of the world America is a speck of dust. It will continue to rise in greatness until corruption overtakes it and a new cycle begins. All the way back to Roman times this has happened over and over and no country has sustained power yet. We would be egotistical to believe we will be the first. I am probably the most patriotic person you have ever met. Pre 911 patriotic too, not one of the post 911 patriot babies. I have and probably will always cry at the national anthem and if no one else removes their hat and covers their heart I will. But I still believe it all runs on a cycle. Lets look at what people most often grip about. Crime, youth, cost of living. This does not change. Never has. People get old and fantasize that when they were young crime was low, youth respected their elders and prices were reasonable. That is not the case. The wild west days saw more starvation, crime and dishonorable youth than ever. This dates back to roman times, all the way up through prohibition times, the 's and to today. There have always been and will be assholes, murderers, rapists, youths will reign terror and disrespect all they can and prices will be to high for the majority of the population. All this doom and gloom didn't start today. It started THOUSANDS of years ago and hasn't changed. IMHO, I have a few good friends, my wonderful family which is all I live for. I try to abide by the bible and treat people good. And God has always taken care of me. Well. Life is what you make it. If you spend your whole life trying to change the system, you'll die with not much joy in your heart. If you live your life knowing there will always be evil but choose to ignore it and have a blast you get much more out of it. Don't get me wrong evil should not go unchecked and if I see a crime I am the first to step in. NOBODY will cuss a woman in front of me EVER. I promise you that, and I would not stand by and let anyone do wrong. But at the end of the day you gotta enjoy life and realize that the world will ALWAYS be far from perfect, and if it ever does become perfect it will only be judged as perfect by the vast minority. Because no matter what the world is everyone thinks "right" and "wrong" are two completely different things. So if you make the world perfect in your eyes it may be hell in mine. I just deal with my problems as they come, help when I can and sit back and THOUROUGHLY ENJOY THE RIDE. I laugh more than anyone you will ever meet. I will die laughing. i will get off my soapbox now.  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

whew good writing and good points

*i managed to read it all*

It's about time I weighed into this.I'm going to start with a disclaimer.This is my opinion & not necessarily that of testmy.net ownership.

I think the time is coming when citizen patriots will have to take a stand against the US government now in power .To take back our rights.This recent  Supreme Court ruling supports & even encourages illegal search & seizure.It is an unConstitutional decision.I think us patriots need to get together & hang the entire current Supreme Court maybe the next one would try to follow the Constitution.

I want to give these examples where this type of bust in with a warrant would not be done.Say the police got one for the White House.The governor's mansion of some state,even the mayor or police chief of a city.Would they just bust these doors down or knock & present the warrant?Would they do it at 3:00 AM like they do us regular citizens?Those are rhetorical questions.

Why have we allowed hard fought for rights to deteriorate to this level?

I'm not worried about them busting my door down at least till they read this.But I have thought about getting a couple of claymores & installing them at my door & anyone busting it down .I would fire the clamors since those breaking in had not clearly identified themselves there would be no reason for me to think they were anything but criminals.I would not set the claymores as a bobby trap since that would be illegal.& I would claim self defense.

The claymores might be illegal to own but in the long run any law that says I can't own any weapon violates my Second Amendment right to keep & bear arms.

I have to wonder about people who don't know their local officers. If there was anything I was needed for, they would show up drink a cup of coffee and we'd discuss everything. If I was in the wrong they'd know I'd surrender. You always have to wonder about folks who do everything in their power to hinder a policeman in the capacity he was hired to do. If people report bad cops their removed. Everyone wants to stand on the stump and holler, but never offer any help. People are wanting government to take care of them so government is going about it the way they understand. Everything in life begins at home.

I have to wonder about people who don't know their local officers. If there was anything I was needed for, they would show up drink a cup of coffee and we'd discuss everything. If I was in the wrong they'd know I'd surrender. You always have to wonder about folks who do everything in their power to hinder a policeman in the capacity he was hired to do. 

Would you apply the same advice to the Gestapo if you were a Jew in Germany during WW2.That is one thing that happens when the police are given too much power.& rights are given away.The police don't need "unreasonable search & seizure" to do their job.We need to protect & defend the Constitution even by violent means if necessary.This is how we will remain a free people.

I would like to see a list of the millionares doors that have been busted down this way.For the war on drugs they only bust small dealers while letting shipping containers full of drugs come in freely.How many pounds of drugs do you think is used in the USA in only a week.I don't think the amount could be carried across the border if everyone crossing the border was carrying drugs.The point is they don't bust the big money people behind the drugs at all much less by breaking down the door.This will only be used against the average or poor citizen.

I am So with you on this one cholla, bring it on John!

We need to take charge of our future, the basic rights we are afforded are potentially in jeopardy.

No - I don't believe every cop is bad, but it only takes one to kill an inncent person...

and I don't believe appointed officials should be allowed to make a law, it's consequence by proxy at best, as they have to be nominated, confirmed etc... by other branches of government....

I'm really uncomfortable with the way this country is headed... we've become "knee-jerk" in our so-called "proactivity" and no good can come from that.... history shows this to be true....

are we forgetting here that not waiting a reasonable amount of time, 20 or thirty seconds, for a reply from inside is still the law? it has only been said that evidence collected when they didn't wait long enugh can still be used in court unless there is a state law to prevent that. the ruling is meant to prevent people from getting off on a stupid technicality.

personally i say why give the hippies the time to flush their stash?

It would have been hard for the dealer that brought the shipping container that the drugs that trickled down to the hippies were in to have flushed it.& even if the city wants to catch the small dealer or user they have the authority to contain all material coming from a sewer pipe probably withiut a warrant.

are we forgetting here that not waiting a reasonable amount of time, 20 or thirty seconds, for a reply from inside is still the law? it has only been said that evidence collected when they didn't wait long enough can still be used in court unless there is a state law to prevent that. the ruling is meant to prevent people from getting off on a stupid technicality.

I have to admit I'm a little offended by that comment. I'm not a hippie, I don't have a stash, and I don't want my house invaded by a bunch of policeman based on faulty information.

I'm going to point back to cholla's comments because they are valid.... why is it the little "guy" who will be persecuted by this and not those in government who MAKE the decisions?

I personally think the judges did not think this one through.

And the Republican's might have lost a couple of points on this one.

But the media will surely get future bonus points from this one, for sure.

I can see them now. "Boy will we get a bunch of News stories from this one when it backfires."