Is it worth it?

S7R1D3R

I am currently on the 1.5/128 AT&T Plan, i am currently paying $29.95/ month, should i upgrade to 6mbps/684 or sumthin for $27.95 a month but i need to call and i dont like callin should i?

ya i would call, its going to be about 4times your download speed, and the upload with be like 5 times faster. its worth it.

only you can prevent forest fires.

i mean only you can tell if conquering your telephonophobia is worth it. but call your current isp first to see how long a cancellation period you have and then the cable provider to see if it is really available in your area etc.

he is not canceling anything, or switching to cable, he is just upgrading to his ISPs fastest plan.

I am currently on the 1.5/128 AT&T Plan, i am currently paying $29.95/ month, should i upgrade to 6Mbps/684 or sumthin for $27.95 a month but i need to call and i dont like callin should i?

I don't much like chatting on the phone either. However you should be able to upgrade online via your account page. Or alternatively, just fire them off an email. :-)

alright thanx i will call them now, yeah i tried to upgrade it online in the acc. manager thingy, but it said "You can not change this blah blah blah, call blahblah blah, alright willl let u guys know what happens thx again.

alright thanx i will call them now, yeah i tried to upgrade it online in the acc. manager thingy, but it said "You can not change this blah blah blah, call blahblah blah, alright willl let u guys know what happens thx again.

ya very few ISPs allow you to change anything online anymore because it is a potential security risk.

ok so i called right and it was all this machine talkin so i just answered all the questions, so when i finally talk to a real person, i ask him "How can I change or Upgrade my AT&T DSL service that i have right now, to the Elite Package?" and he is like "DSL Service questions are in this number: 1800294892(fake number), do you want me to transfer you?" and i said "Ofcourse" so then i get transfered and the machines start off again, so when they transfer me they transfered me back to the guy i was talkin to before, lolz, and he is like "What happened?" and i said i got ttranfered from DSL questions to AT&T DSL customer service and he said that sumthin must have gone wrong, so i told him if I can change it online and he said to order the DSL off the internet and that the contract i had before wouldnt break it would just change, so i go to www.att.net/dsl and i check availability and it says it isnt available! i was like thats not right bcus i HAVE their DSL Service, and now i am back and dont know what to do any suggestions?

alright i will call that number, thx for the help

EDIT: I called them and they said that 1.5mbps is the fastest that can reach my area and that 6mbps can not reach me and i asked him if i could change my plan to the 12.95 a month plan and he said it is oonly for NEW customers but atleast he tried to get me the 6megs a sec but he said that they are currently building a new CO in LA and thtat it will be done in  about 2 months and that then i will be able to get 6mbps bcus it wil be about a mile away so i just have to stik with 1.5 for a lil while longer and then he said that i can upgrade, so thx for da number!

RESULTS

Provider: Covad

CO name:LSANCA34

Est. Distance: 13785 feet

Network Access Solutions: Waiting...

It is wierd bcus the CO should be around 2.611 miles away from me, andd they cant give me 6mbps?

your way to far for 6mbps, you need to be around 5000-6000 feet at max.