Connecting Routers

I'm in the midst of setting up a small office network that's completely wired (my Aunt is about as paranoid as they come). I've got 2 D-Link 604 routers to set up 5 computers with, so my plan was to plug three computers into one router and daisy-chain the second for the other two. Everything is hooked up (I'm running CAT5e cable between the two routers) and I'm showing signal on both my routers, but the other two computers refuse to connect to the internet. I figure this once again has something to do with the wild world of IP conflicts or some such, and therefore I humbly ask for assistance once more.

If not for me, for my wireless-fearing Aunt?

Not a problem.. log on to the router.. http://192.168.0.1

you will be prompted for a password.. if you have not set one click on the username and enter admin.. then click ok.. there is no password on this model..

on the main page to the left on the very bottom you will see dhcp.. click it.. the page will refresh.. very top.. it says DHCP server.. disable that click apply.. then you should be set to go..

I would power cycle the system, removing the power cords for a min or so, just to make sure that the setting stick..

Small update - I finangled with the computers a bit, and discovered that the comps connected to the second router were receiving internet, and therefore I'm typing from one of them now. However, the first three comps haven't been getting internet now.

When I checked the DHCP settings for my first modem, I saw that they had been disabled as well - it seems that it's treating them both as the same router. Is there any way to make that stop?

alright.. few things to check.. how is the second router connected? If the cable it plugged into the WAN port then move it to port one.. 

I would also start with the second router disconnected just to make sure that you can even get intenet on the first set of computers..

first of all, usng wireless when you can use wires is a cardinal sin. it's slower, more prone to problems and unsafe compared to wired.

if you can't get it to work with the 2 routers, have your aunt invest a few bucks and get a switch. 8 port or so shoud cost 20 to 30 bucks max. set up one router so that you can connect to the net with it, then connect the switch to the router and all the comps to the switch. done.

edit: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817130108