help deciding if this is worth it...

starship_troopers

before i post the link let me say this...yes i know this is basically a crappy laptop but i need a cheap one thats reliable and useful for internet files, etc. but no gaming whatsoever thats why i dn't care about the bad graphics in it.  lol just saying this first because i'm also a member on cnet and i posted it there and i got told it was worthless because its not good for gaming....but i dont want games on it. so heres the link

notebook

thanks in advance :)

starship_troopers

do u need a LAPTOP or any type?

wow..that was fast response thanks...

but yeah i need one for when i am away from my desktop. for working on papers, researching projects on internet, etc.  and i wouldnt' need one but i'm away from desktop alot and when i'm home is only when i can work. so i was thinking of getting a notebook for this reason.

starship troopers

before i post the link let me say this...yes i know this is basically a crappy laptop but i need a cheap one thats reliable and useful for internet files, etc. but no gaming whatsoever thats why i dn't care about the bad graphics in it.  lol just saying this first because i'm also a member on cnet and i posted it there and i got told it was worthless because its not good for gaming....but i dont want games on it. so heres the link

notebook

thanks in advance :)

starship_troopers

what Link ??//Oh i see it know  Wait A Minute my brother has the same thing or maybee a little Diff pics

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/6817/0622061259a0jm.jpg

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/7348/0622061259a7bw.jpg

Ps Images Brout To you by Lg Vx 9800

thanks!  :D you guys are a huge help. i guess i should have signed up earlier i have been a guest for a while.  :haha: 

edit--oh a quick question thats off topic....in off topic forum do your posts add on to your count or not? i don't think it added mine  :shrug:

starship_troopers

no they dont count for the total post counts

welcome to the forum

i have a laptop but totally diff from yours

high end, heavy as a brick :)

that look like a really good choice.. just a little over 6lbs.. 

Yeah.. like dlewis said.. cnet seem to be a bit bias to neat features and performance.. Most of the time if you look at what the users say they rate the product higher than the original "expert"..

starship_troopers cnet is not the best place to ask about any computer or computer part that is considered low end becaue they are all about high end and the put down anyone that just needs something simple and not too powerfull. Testmy.net is the only forum that ive found were people don't put down anything that you want to buy they may suggest something a little better but they wount put you down.

starship_troopers cnet is not the best place to ask about any computer or computer part that is considered low end becaue they are all about high end and the put down anyone that just needs something simple and not too powerfull. testmy.net is the only forum that ive found were people don't put down anything that you want to buy they may suggest something a little better but they wount put you down.

when i signed up here, first thing i realized was this is way better than cnet. members here actually help with your questions and you can post "off topic" and not get yelled at by the mods. lol  :D

starship troopers

i have another question. i may want to upgrade some time later to a dvd burner drive...would that be easy enough? and also....i doubt this would be needed but would there be a way that later i could get just a bit better video/graphics card? the default one is integrated so i don't think it's possible but just trying to make sure  :?

thanks,

starship troopers

i have another question. i may want to upgrade some time later to a dvd burner drive...would that be easy enough? and also....i doubt this would be needed but would there be a way that later i could get just a bit better video/graphics card? the default one is integrated so i don't think it's possible but just trying to make sure  :?

thanks,

starship troopers

you could possable upgrade to a dvd burner in there. but a newer video card is a no.