Firefox starts so sssslllloooowwww!! Why???

dman58

I love Firefox but when I click on it to start the browser it loads so slow.  Does anyone else have this problem?

no i don't. firefox has always been alittle slower then IE but you can speed it up some with a plug in called "fasterfox" i would give that a try.

FasterFox is for page loading and other internet related settings, not for speeding the load time of Firefox itself up. You'll get used to it, as you don't need to open new browsers anymore thanks to tabs.

i got something for ya, or anyone and eveyone its great

-Firefox Preloader is a utility that is designed to load parts of Mozilla Firefox into memory before it is used to improve the its startup time.

http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/ffpreloader/FirefoxPreloaderSetup.exe

i dont know for anyone else but i get a problem with thtat link so i will post a link to it here it is:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ffpreloader/FirefoxPreloaderSetup.exe?download

just select the server nearest u ad begin downloading

Yeah.. brock01 hit in on the head.. with a preloader the load times will be almost instant.. that is how IE works.. explorer.exe is always running on your system.. hit IE.. it references that process and then loads a bunch more stuff into that process.. 

hm. so instead of having just explorer.exe running on xp or any other windows machine you get a preloader to have a bunch of firefox stuff also scooting around the system. only to load a browser faster that is an alternative to the free one that already comes with the system. and what about security? since google has boosted its support for firefox i'm sure there is a bunch of google spyware that the preloader keeps running on your system 24/7...

• 4 weeks later...

I use Maxthon also.  I tried Avant browser but didn't like it as good as I did Maxthon.  Still using the Firefox Preloader without any problems.  It does load quite a bit faster now. 

I've tried Opera & liked it pretty good but I use Roboform & it isn't supported with Opera.  Anyone know why it isn't supported?

I love Firefox but when I click on it to start the browser it loads so slow.  Does anyone else have this problem?

I am guessing you have alot of extensions. FF opens lighting quick for me untill I install the 38 ext I use then it slows down a tad. You can try to drop some extensions, that might help.