New Cooling, AWESOME!

CA3LE

my setup.

ASUS A8V Deluxe

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 2.66GHz 30-33c Idle, 35-39c Full Load

1.5GB DDR400 Had 2gb but sold 512 cuz i need money

7800gs 256mb 450MHz core 1400MHz Memory.

Antec Neo Power 550 watt

Maxtor DMax 10 300GB

Maxtor DMax 11 500GB

HP 16x DVD Burner

Memorex 16x DVD reader.

Very happy with it and its extreamly fast i will post some pics of it tommarow when my camera batteries are charged.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my system specs:

DFI LanParty nF4 SLI-DR (6/23/05)

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 2.7GHz (246*11 @ 1.35V) 25-29C Idle, 36-38C Full Load

OCZ Gold Edition 2*1GB DDR492 (3-4-3-8)

Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB

NEC 16X DVD

nice nice.... I used to have the NF4, very nice board, lots of features.  One thing I didn't like was the poor placment of the chipset and chipset fan.  My friend has the same board and his chipset fan burnt out because his video card pressed up against the fan... it ened up frying the board.  I didn't have a problem with mine, I had the revision right before that problem.

Is your a UV board?  Is anyone using SLI?

the chipset is in the dumbest place on my right under the video card were hot air gets blow on it. so made a copper heat pipe for it and it diverts it around the graphics card. no its not a UV board.

I was using SLI, but i had to get rid of it because i needed some fast cash.

the chipset is in the dumbest place on my right under the video card were hot air gets blow on it. so made a copper heat pipe for it and it diverts it around the graphics card. no its not a UV board.

I was using SLI, but i had to get rid of it because i needed some fast cash.

Post some pics of the heatpipe deal.

wow CA3LE i gotta say u have a great PC, i just cant wait till i am able to get a job, then move out and get my own apartment near the CO to get 6mbps connection or maybe by then DSL might be faster or i might even be able to get BPL, then i will make my own top of the line custom made PC like urs ;)

right on.. so it's only your mobo holding you back from overclocking?  Is your memory good enough?  What's wrong with your mobo?

It's a Dell... lol

My memory is fine... not even close to holding me back...

i can boot into windows at much higher clock speed but it won't be stable...i run these speeds 24/7 and it has never froze up - im waiting for my opteron to get there - ive ordered one with a good stepping that is supposed to be kick ass :) - i hope its good

i guess im one of the few lucky people that was able to get the 3700+ up to 2.75 on stock voltage ;)

yea ur lucky to get 2.75 on stock voltage, then again i guess im lucky to get 2.7 on stock voltage. maybe ill start messing around with the voltage and see what i can do.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I didn't think it could get any better.. but somehow I got it to run even cooler.

I just HAD to add this picture.  I made a few more changes in my BIOS and look at the results... WOW

My cpu is still overclocked 20.4% but my CPU is now running at 96

this is the best that i can overclock my system - after this, temperature becomes a big problem - i am expecting to get new much better cooling (cry0 !?...if it ever comes out) and push it even more - my ram is capable of more and so is my cpu - ive tested....

i run 2.75ghz 24/7 (stock vcore) - but this is my max stable o/c ive recorded so far

Dunno if anyone noticed but the XP-key is visible in some images..

http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=14857.0;attach=14906;image

http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=14857.0;attach=14900;image

and if anyone could pls recommend some software to view CPU temperatures like in those images.. Thanks.