Attention all Onelink PR Customers

Hi, Ive been a customer of onelink since they were Adelphia in the beginning and I have to say their internet service has problems... the question is what to do in this case, well people... I went the extra mile, I went to DACO, I went to the FCC also, and they cant to anything about it, only hope we have is strength in numbers, we need to make a group with  hundreds of signatures and give it to DACO and the FCC in order to make the goverment stop this nonsense, they are not providing the service they charge and the only choice they give you is to suck it up or go somewhere else, and thats not the deal.  Im ready to do anything about it, signatures, court, whatever, I just want my fast internet back and no throttling, no udp port blocking no slow and choppy online gaming and no 22 hops to get to a server thats supposed to be getting payed by us, so it should be a good and well established server...why pay $55,$75 dollars just for web browsing that doesnt always work fast and email checking,,, guys... thats dial up stuff not cable up to 3mb speed stuff...lets be real...

please give me suggestions, lets start a getting signatures, getting legal advice, cause I think this has to stop...

well Im just looking for suggestions on what to do... I live in the same puerto rico where you live dude!! I know thing are really bad but I beleive in democracy and fairness.. I know the goverment here sucks but Im looking for a solution for the internet problem not the goverment, I just spoke to a onelink representative and got one of my modems blocked with pending service till next week review by them just for pushing them to actually tell me whats wrong and the supervisor actually said to me they are going to keep slowing down and blocking p2p ports until it reaches 0.

I have no problems downloading from bittorrent.  I just use private trackers and newsgroups and I can pretty much download everything FULL speed.  Make sure you pick a high port in utorrent/azureus, and enable encryption that helps a lot.

lol.

you actually told them you have trouble with p2p? in all likelihood p2p content is illegal, so they can do that to you since iirc the terms of use say no illegal stuff. blocking p2p crap means less cost for them. and since they are a company out to make money off of you they will do that any way they can.

the funny thing is that when the web slows down to a crawl (including testing here) often a download from microsoft or other places will still be able to run full throttle. i would call in to receive a credit for every creditable disturbance (which have gone down lately though) but don't want to spend 2 hours on the phone every time just to call it in.

You should change to Dmaxpr. The service is unbelivably good. Its a bit more expensive but there are more packages. No blocking whatsoever. Im allways running at fullspeed. Only once there was a slow down, and the next day it was resolved. The 2MB deals is expensive (89$) but I rather have 2MB full time than to pay $75 for 3MB that only works at morning X_X. My friend has onelink, he hates it. Change, there are a some options dude.

Sorry for typos  :oops:

as per one of the replies no... im not an idiot... if I tell them I have a p2p they flag me... but I called complaining about online gaming and some other stuff.. good option about the dmax Ive been contemplating trying that one... $75 to $89 is nothing as long as its working correctly... Ive been working trying some high ports and onelink has most of them blocked but have been getting at least a 117k with low ports Im ending my contract with them as soon as I get word from dmax to get the extreme package, goverment is clearly not an option as per emails I got from DACO today again and a call from the FCC guys, and they told me actually FCC has a list on material that you can download. and theres some holes in the system like language and availability of the content where you are... even self use as long as you are not distributing, theres a lawyer firm in spain working with those cases, I ll give you the link later on... they ve got some people out of trouble with copyright laws using those arguments... one question, has some of you heard about Usenext? is that viable, ? does it work? thanks for all your replies...

haven't heard about usenext.

if you are leeching music off torrents etc. try www.pandora.com

it's legal (well, quasi legal. their license is for the us. and pr is a territory so...)

you give em a song or artist and they will play the artist and anything that sounds similar. is great for discovering acts you would not normally listen to, cd quality and for some reason it works great even when normal browsing is sluggish with noelink onelink.

Dmax is not an alternative stay away from it.  They have been having serious issues with latency and slow speeds.  Too bad the OFFICIAL dmax forum died after users repeateadly pointed this out.

For P2P in onelinke all you need is a bit of ingenuity that's it. 

Im legal, but where can you find an anime that hasnt got here? and its not yet distributable in EU? where can you get series in spanish when they are not transmited here in puerto rico? when can you find games in japanese that wont ever get to EU.??? everything else I can get dude... when you pay $ 75 its because you can pay it... no estoy en el pulguero vendiendo peliculas.. jajaja I just like to get things I can find anywhere else and that incidently most of them are not afected by the copyright laws because they are not even on a country affected by it...

I mean, dont take me wrong if I want something and its available here or EU I ll buy it.. I do that all the time on ebay, but what about when you cant??? if its not covered by the EU laws is there a problem??? did you see the opening of The Last Samurai or the Matrix in Japan... they where people actually with cameras at theatre... I m not downloading movies, or games I can get here or programs I can get here or in EU, I just like to find stuff i cant get within my laws if thats a problem then Onelink has a problem...

drebel, because Onelinkpr has a serious problem with speed, ppl is changing to dmaxpr, and they cant keep up with the demand. Here in the metropolitan area the usage is mega heavy. Ive noticed the latency problem, but only on the morning and this does not effect torrents or any other p2p programs.

resopalrabotnick, since prtc dsl change to dmax, everything has changed, to my knowledge no port is blocked. Im not trying to convince you to change back, just to let ya know.

silver, are you talking about the states or europe? you/ve got me confused with the use of EU in otherwise english text...

so they actually managed to pull their head out of their fourth point of contact with dmax? good for them. but the connection is improving for me with onelink (maybe because people are leaving?) and as long as it at least stays up if not fast it's ok. and the speed issues have gotten better too. (less p2p traffic?)

• 4 weeks later...

i agree with RaulJimenez and here is my beautiful speed.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 534 Kbps about 0.53 Mbps (tested with 748 kB)

Download Speed is:: 65 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/08/01 - 9:27pm

Bottom Line:: 9X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 15.75 sec

Tested from a 748 kB file and took 11.484 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 20.75 % of your hosts average (onelinkpr.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-2I1VQC5KO

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; es-ES; rv:1.8.0.5) Gecko/20060719 Firefox/1.5.0.5 [!]

Wowwwww!! really fast uhh?? 

Thisd is fuckin pthethic:

Download Connection is:: 756 Kbps about 0.76 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 92 kB/s

Test Time:: 2006/08/01 - 9:34pm

Bottom Line:: 13X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 11.13 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 32.424 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 29.38 % of your hosts average (onelinkpr.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-1VIJ34E6P

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.5) Gecko/20060719 Firefox/1.5.0.5 [!]

Download Connection is:: 1642 Kbps about 1.64 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 200 kB/s

Test Time:: 2006/08/01 - 10:07pm

Bottom Line:: 29X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 5.12 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 14.922 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 63.82 % of your hosts average (onelinkpr.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-OYWP25NCV

User Agent:: Opera/9.00 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) [!]