Another laptop suggestion

that is a nice notebook.. i would wait a few more weeks on dell and hp though.. just around time the college kids start to buy is when the pricing really get good.. I remember once last year they offered up to 45% off on the 6000..

that looks like a good laptop. very similar to the one i'm getting. :)http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834115242

That is still an awsome laptop!  I love the price also.. finally laptops are getting to the price point of some desktops.. and the decision is finally the consumers on which to buy.  The only word of warning is that you are not goint to see the battery life that you would see on a Intel Centrino machine or even a Turion based laptop.  Turion is AMD's answer to the Centrino..

that is a nice notebook.. i would wait a few more weeks on dell and hp though.. just around time the college kids start to buy is when the pricing really get good.. I remember once last year they offered up to 45% off on the 6000..

i forgot about that, defiantly wait a few more, you will save a ton of money.

AMD in a laptop

wow you must be crazy,

fair play to AMD they got some strong CPU in the desktop and server market

but mobile chips please go with intel if u actually want some performance and battery

just my 2 cents

yeah, this is a great deal for like a school laptop - the 60GB hard drive is a planty of space, 512mb of ram is good enough for that purpose, and that processor isnt bad at all - the only upgrade might be a better/longer lasting battery :)

yeah i've been looking for one to possibly get later. but not much luck for ones that last very long.  :(  :roll:

it looks like newegg doesn't ship to alaska.  :(

sorry to hear that. looks like you'll have to wait for walmart to restock unless its on other sites...maybe tiger direct?