i have found my next computer case !

disturbed

....this is the next buy on my list after i get my opteron

U2UFOBO.jpg

The case is: Mountain mods U2-UFO Black Powder Coat case - its a cube case of course

Specifications:

Material - Aluminum 5052

Thickness - 1.65mm-3.25mm

Dimensions - 18x18x18 inches

Finish - Powder Coat

Power Supplies - Holds up to 2

HD Bay - Removable Holds 9

5.25 Bay - Removable

5.25 Devices - Holds 5

MB Tray - Removable

Form Factors - mATX/ATX/EATX

Fan Mounts - 9-120mm

Empty Weight - 15 lbs.

9 120mm fan mounts !!!!! - ive seen this case only 1 time in my life and it honestly is best i have ever seen - it can house a huge water cooling system with a 3 fan radiator setup, 2 power supplies (if needed lolz) and much much more....

there have been a lot of mods based off that case.. It is a decent looking case to begin with..  It might be the bare bones of some of the older Sun Microsystems cases before they added all of the extra plastic.. It looks almost the same..

is the 40 mm on a card or cpu heatsink and/or can you swap it for a larger one? that should help a lot. also if possible consolidating the 80s and the 90 into one or two less 120s should help.

cpu... and I plan on switching eventually... if someone wants to donate fans it would happen sooner. ;)

(I can't really justify spending money on fans right now...other stuff to pay for that's more important.)

For that matter I could use a new mobo too... lol.

And does anyone have the right boxes and packaging for RMAing hard drives?  I've got 2 that died on me and need to be replaced... but I can't find good enough packaging.

I could go on and on...

cpu... and I plan on switching eventually... if someone wants to donate fans it would happen sooner. ;)

(I can't really justify spending money on fans right now...other stuff to pay for that's more important.)

For that matter I could use a new mobo too... lol.

And does anyone have the right boxes and packaging for RMAing hard drives?  I've got 2 that died on me and need to be replaced... but I can't find good enough packaging.

I could go on and on...

take them to a local computer shop they will put that antistatic wrap on it sometimes for $5

take them to a local computer shop they will put that antistatic wrap on it sometimes for $5

I have antistatic bags... it's the box and packaging material that I need.  They have rather specific requirements....

I have antistatic bags... it's the box and packaging material that I need.  They have rather specific requirements....

stick 'em in the antistatic bags and then leg it to the ups store or kinkos. they can dump em in a box and fill it with packing beans or whatever else the mfr. wants. if they want the foam type shock absorber thingies specifically call the mfr. and ask them if they will fedex or ups you a box with the proper packing and a return label. some companies do go the extra mile for customers. (and for some companies things like that are automatic.)

i dont know if 120mm fans are quite or not

but if u say so i belive you, it then can be used as a bed side table if it is so quiete

120mm fans are alot quieter then 80mm fans because they are bigger so they spin slower, and move the same, if not more air. they are deferentially alot quieter then most other fans.

yep....just like dlewis23 said - they are quieter - and when using a fan controller (which that case has 2 of), they should be considerably silent - ...there are of course low quality fans which make a lot of noise, but if you invest money in something good, you should be pretty happy with performance and silence ;) i use antec fans, and i couldnt be happier - where as my previous panaflo m1a 120mm fan was like a jet turbine........