when telemarketing turns ugly...

I can't really blame him. When you are in the shower and your wife is out with the kids, you run out of the shower to only find a telemarketer. Yeah, it pisses me the heck off. It should be illegal. I have been known to be almost as bad.  :angry4:

been there,  :haha: :haha: :haha:

and it does suck.

Here's a new one I heard of from EWO. When you get a call that is computer talking instead of a person, just hit the # button til it disappears. Supposed to remove you from their list. Even if it does not work, I feel better. And if a person answers, say just a minute and set the phone down.  :laughing7:

I got on the national do not call list & it has been pretty good .I still get a telemarketer once in a while but it stopped about 95% of the calls.

I've felt like going off on one like that guy.Funny.

Here's a solution I like .Tell them you want their home phone number & you will call them back at their home when it's convient .Of course they won't give you their home number.When they don't just say "you mean you don't want to be bothered at home ?"

well now you know how I feel.& hang up.

I think this is a old Clip, BT used to sub contract out is sales service, and the contractor got paid by result , so you would get a call every 2 weeks ,

and most customers responded in the same way , but the salesperson had the last laugh , the would change all your discounted numbers , and put call waiting on the line , you didn't know that had happened until you got your quarterly bill

and all the yakking you had done on the phone was at full price  :evil1:

The funniest one I got ( on reflection) was having just been made redundant along with all my co workers , I arrived home to get a call saying " Is that Mr. Roco" ,  Yes speaking , "Well Mr. Roco it's your lucky day "  :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:.

Not every one in the UK is like this guy :)

well not me

when they call me i tell them I'm not the owner and if they could wait just a second

and i don't hang up and just leave them waiting and go about doing my business :)

sometimes i call my house mate and tell him its his mate

when i want to annoy him :)

first: that thing is from the call center. notice how you get the could you listen to this call for me? as he calls his supervisor over? and it seems they put it in a powerpoint presentation for training.

cholla, the do not call list doesn't stop all calls because any company that you have had contact with in the last six months can call you. so if you bought from company x they can have one of their subsidiaries run a telemarketing by you wityhout the do not call list bothering them.

if i do get a sales call i listen to the recording and stay on the line until it rings the call center. then i ask for a supervisor. once i have him/her i ask them to please remove my number from my list. if they do not do so it is against the law. also, the call going from the comp generated to the call center means that the call center charges the company they are selling for more for the call than if you simply hang up on the comp.

cholla, the do not call list doesn't stop all calls because any company that you have had contact with in the last six months can call you. so if you bought from company x they can have one of their subsidiaries run a telemarketing by you wityhout the do not call list bothering them.

This the biggest bunch of BS ever becuase that is one of the things that the DO Not call list was suppose to stop.

resopalrabotnick ;I agree the do not call list doesn't stop all calls.& it did leave a loop hole for companies that a person has done business with.Credit card companies are the worst to use this loophole.But for me it has cut the telemarketing calls by about 95% & I can live with that.

I think the law should have been in this part to allow businesses that a person has business with to call only on a matter directly related to that business.

I think when I get one I'm going to start asking for the company president's home phone number.Then when they can't give me that I will just add that I guess he doesn't want to be bothered at home either & I only deal with the head man.(That is not intended to be gender biased)

So I would definitely recommend the do not call list.I'm on both the national  & Texas do not call list.In my case it has helped a lot.

This the biggest bunch of BS ever becuase that is one of the things that the DO Not call list was suppose to stop.

but it is true...if you go to the website it explains it all...but it does cut back on the calls enormously

I think the law should have been in this part to allow businesses that a person has business with to call only on a matter directly related to that business.

that's how it is...

https://www.donotcall.gov

29. If I register my number on the National Do Not Call Registry, will it stop all telemarketing calls?

No. Placing your number on the National Do Not Call Registry will stop most telemarketing calls, but not all. Because of limitations in the jurisdiction of the FTC and FCC, calls from or on behalf of political organizations, charities, and telephone surveyors would still be permitted, as would calls from companies with which you have an existing business relationship, or those to whom you

tdawnaz;The businesses are allowed to broadly interpret this "calls from companies with which you have an existing business relationship ".Just because I use a credit card I don't need a telemarketer calling to sell me credit card protection.Which is really an "insurance policy" usually sold by a company other than the actual credit card company.This is one of the calls I still get.I call that broady interpreting "business relationship ".This IMO is not directly related to my using the credit card but to use my phone line for them to make money.

Directly related would be a call having something to do with the charges made.

That's just my example I'm sure others have had calls where this was broadly interpreted.