New Freedom Tower design unveiled

dlewis23

Believe it or not Roco. It might have created a good thing. There is more Patriotism and open eyes now. I don't believe there are near as many American's burning flags anymore, and now we watch our backs. So good things do come out of bad.

Maybe not more Patriotism, but it has increased in volume anyway.  :brave:

:thumbsup:

Hi Tommie, yes I think you are right on this, I certainly noticed on this side of the pond, a definate sense of friendship towards the  USA , 

we were becoming used to being european in outlook , and turning our backs on the USA, The term "bloody Yanks" ( sorry I know you all dislike that term and it is incorect) has now all but disapeared,  it was never meant as a insult in the Uk , it was just a  part of our Brit, humour ,almost a complement in fact

so whatever you build, good luck ,

Roco  uik 

Hi Tommie, yes I think you are right on this, I certainly noticed on this side of the pond, a definate sense of friendship towards the  USA , 

we were becoming used to being european in outlook , and turning our backs on the USA, The term "bloody Yanks" ( sorry I know you all dislike that term and it is incorect) has now all but disapeared,  it was never meant as a insult in the Uk , it was just a  part of our Brit, humour ,almost a complement in fact

so whatever you build, good luck ,

Roco  uik 

"bloody Yanks" ="bloody Brits" (No biggy.)

And in these trying political times we need all the partners we can get.  :icon_thumright:

Thanks!

Roco ; I like the Gabby Hayes avatar he was in some of John Waynes early movies.& definatly a side kick of Roy Rogers.

I got a little Brit humor from a MASH episode.Hawkeye & BJ were getting a section of artery to replace a damaged one in a leg from a Brit unit in Korea.When the were signing the papers at the Brit Colonal's office he said a lot of trouble for a leg & that his father had lost both legs in WW2 & thought he lived years longer because he didn't have to tie his laces.

Not a bloody Yank just a bloody Texan.  ;)  :)

Roco ; I like the Gabby Hayes avatar he was in some of John Waynes early movies.& definatly a side kick of Roy Rogers.

I got a little Brit humor from a MASH episode.Hawkeye & BJ were getting a section of artery to replace a damaged one in a leg from a Brit unit in Korea.When the were signing the papers at the Brit Colonal's office he said a lot of trouble for a leg & that his father had lost both legs in WW2 & thought he lived years longer because he didn't have to tie his laces.

Not a bloody Yank just a bloody Texan.  ;):)

Oh LOL , cholla , is Texas in the states, I thought it stood alone, as the lone star state,

Gabby Hayes , kinda hero to me, and Roy Rogers, also for my MUM I guess

as I was Christend  ROY , or was it because those" Bloody Yanks were  over here and over paid," LOL

Yeah the Brit humour is kinda weird , we are very good at taking the p**s out of ourselves,

Regards Roco  uk