Verizon Avenue - poor service, terrible customer service

nkrzero

I signed up for Verizon Avenue DSL 3 weeks ago, and cancelled it yesterday, there is no way in hell I'm going back.

I have experienced huge rate of package loss since the first day of the DSL is activated, so I called and had a tech came over to check my network, he told me Verizon Avenue is doing upgrade on my apartment complex and thats the reason for the sluggish service, he has been getting a lot of calls from this complex. However, every phone support I spoke to will still not acknowledge there's any problem on their end, and they continue to tell me to reset my modem, and do a virus scan. Also everytime I call Verizon Avenue DSL, they will give me different stories of why I am experiencing problem with my network, basically do anything to get off the phone.

Here's some quotes from the phone support, just to show how poorly trained and irresponsible they are:

"What is package loss?"

"I'm surprised you are able to do the ping test at all, cause pings are disabled on our network."

"You are playing 3 counter strike on-line at the same time? Sir, I think that's why you were laggy" (my connection is 1.5m down 0.5m up)

"I believe its your router's problem, call your router's support instead."  (This is after I had the tech came over...)

"I don't know what trace route is for, but I can tell you that we would not use ping tests result as an evidence."

makes me feel a little better But i still Want Dsl threw Them.  

A couple of weeks ago i signed up with it over the phone Same package As U  :evil6:  Anyway i week went by so i called them back and they Said it Wasn't Avial Go Figure

Before putting down support, maybe you should make sure you know what you are talking about.

I have experienced huge rate of package loss since the first day...

Here's some quotes from the phone support, just to show how poorly trained and irresponsible they are:

"What is package loss?"

I'd like to ask you the same question, because only an incompetent person wouldn't ask.  I've heard of "packet loss" before, but package loss?  I'd look in your pants for the answer to that one.

Before putting down support, maybe you should make sure you know what you are talking about.

I'd like to ask you the same question, because only an incompetent person wouldn't ask.  I've heard of "packet loss" before, but package loss?  I'd look in your pants for the answer to that one.

calm down buddy its just a typo. be respectable.

Thanks for your replies.

Verizon currently is the only broadband provider in my area <AMLI on frankford, Dallas TX>, so the only other option I have is to go with regular Verizon DSL service. So far the connection with "regular Verizon DSL" is great. I'd suggest everyone in my area to go with them instead.