router trouble

coxsux

i have a dlink dgl 4300 wireless router that until monday night worked great.  the network still works great we can see each other and share files and all that but now we cant access the internet,  which we could do before.  i can connect straight to modem (SB5120) and get online no problem but the router wont connect to the modem.  my internet connection shows under "INTERNET GATEWAY"  in my network connections as disabled and when i try to enable it i see "connecting : connected" but it still shows disabled and i get no net.  any help would be great since i am obviously too stupid to figure it out.  i have swapped cables,  reset,  rebooted and kicked a hole in the wall...........whats left ?

ISP=COX

it is set back to factory settings.  it worked out of the box the first time i hooked it up,  about a month ago.  this problem just happened a few days ago.  the router just wont establish a connection with the modem.  i am so lost right now :(

dlink dgl 4300.. alright go on to the management site.. click status on the top nav bar.. scroll down.. find WAN.. if there are no number there that is a problem.. Release and Renew..

What firmware are you currently running?

i have 1.6 firmware.  i am at work right now but i believe on the status page it showed no numbers.  i didnt try the release/renew......is that run....cmd....iprelease  then iprenew ?  i r n00b to this and want to make sure i do it right before i RMA it.

i have 1.6 firmware.  i am at work right now but i believe on the status page it showed no numbers.  i didnt try the release/renew......is that run....cmd....iprelease  then iprenew ?  i r n00b to this and want to make sure i do it right before i RMA it.

you dont have to do anything in a command prompt, there is a button the starts page for ip release and ip renew

it isnt trash.. it is a WAN issue.. the router is having problems picking up the ip address from the modem.. I would power cycle the router, then power cycle the modem.. then make sure that you have numbers under status -> wan..  if not release/renew.. Also you might want to try tech support.. On my 624+ i had the same type of problem.. they were able to get it connected.. there were a bunch of steps that they sent me through..

This is what I am talking about.. if you have something that looks like this then you have a problem..  If you can click them then you might want to run the set up wizard on the router..