having a pool

tstillery

does any home owners in here have a pool in their back yard? in ground? me and my wife are thinking of buying a house with a pool and i was just wondering how high maintenance they were. we live in Texas so i know we would use it but is it worth the added cost i.e ele,water, and the chemicals and service?

Thanks

tstillery            :evil6:

they are only generally high maintenance if you don't take care of it. If you dont put stuff in there to keep the water clean, if you don't vacuum it ever week or so, then you will have problems. the stuff you have to do to keep it clean and working correctly are very low maintenance if you just a few things you wont have a problem with it and they are defiantly worth it.

does any home owners in here have a pool in their back yard? in ground? me and my wife are thinking of buying a house with a pool and i was just wondering how high maintenance they were. we live in Texas so i know we would use it but is it worth the added cost i.e ele,water, and the chemicals and service?

Thanks

tstillery            :evil6:

i have a in-Ground pool in my back Yard maintenance isn't that bad (i have a auto Vacuum)  :haha:   But chemicals cost a lot At-least $1000.00 A Year.....   But they are nice ;)

But some times you do have problem like this year after opening the pool Up We cant seem to get the chlorine to the levels it needs to Be so its not as clear as it should be. -___ Still Swimable :confused1:

Guest PeePs
A friend of mine was having Ph problems so he put a chemical in to see who was peeing in the pool. His wife and kids nobody else. Now he dosen't have a Ph problem.

His wife and kids were pissing in their own pool? LAWL! I guess when you gotta go, you gotta go.

i have a pool in my backyard and i love it - its a saltwater pool so it does add a little to the maintenance - but mine is mostly automated - it adds the water by itself it the level is low, i already have a vacuum setup so that it starts cleaning every night - ....other than just picking up leaves from time to time its fun to have one ;)

i have a pool in my backyard and i love it - its a saltwater pool so it does add a little to the maintenance - but mine is mostly automated - it adds the water by itself it the level is low, i already have a vacuum setup so that it starts cleaning every night - ....other than just picking up leaves from time to time its fun to have one ;)

i have heard about the salt water cleaning systems they seem to low maintenance

the wife and i are going to go and look at a house that has a nice pool to see if we like the house not sure if we want a ore owned house or if we want to build ?

i will post the links later if you all would like to see?

thanks for all the help you guys    :D

tstillery        :evil6:

I have a inground pool in my backyard and the best thing about it is that it is screened and is very low maintence.  Every two weeks or so it needs to be sweeped properly cleaned.  There is also a process called "shocking" that needs to be done aswell.

Also as to whether building a house or buying they both have there own pirks, building is nice because you get to be the first owners in that particular home and you have the options of customizing the home to your own interests but it can also be hassle because well you have to wait awhile for it to be built and if you are a rush to move in waiting will not be good, also you will have to be constantly observing the process of the house to make sure everything is the way it supposed to be.  I dont know about in Texas but down in tampa, building a house is almost like a gamble, my family actually visited this neighborhood that was going to be built and they said that you had to enter a drawing and you would be randomly selected as to who will get a lot. 

i have a in-Ground pool in my back Yard maintenance isn't that bad (i have a auto Vacuum)  :haha:  But chemicals cost a lot At-least $1000.00 A Year.....  But they are nice ;)

But some times you do have problem like this year after opening the pool Up We cant seem to get the chlorine to the levels it needs to Be so its not as clear as it should be. -___ Still Swimable :confused1:

Looks like you have to empty out the water from the pool and re-fill the pool again.

But yeah having a pool is great especially in hot and warm places.  I had my pool rebuild a couple of months back and got it looking sparkling clean, the cost of the pool being rebuild was 5,000 and worth it. :D

REV0LUTI0NIZED

:icon_king: